Monday 27 March 2023

#BlogLife475 - First KFC in decades,...

Song of the day - Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy_eP-mqWow&list=PL_S79tzxwHpOjlynfkGbkx-UC99ltSAXW&index=15

I've been craving fried chicken since last year but I normally order for 2 days because it works out cheaper with the minimum spend to get a discount and with chicken, what choices of accompaniments do you have?

I take advantage of the 15/20% off deal but fries and chicken. I didn't want to order excess of that, until I checked the menu and saw that KFC had this ricebox thingy.

Plus wraps and I thought aha, as I haven't ordered in decades let's check it out.

The ricebox looks small to medium and there is a tiny portion of seasoned rice, it's supposed to be spicy but it isn't and I'm relieved.

It's tasty mixed with sweetcorn (yuck), lettuce (ick), tomato/bean salsa, (not a fan) and the chicken fillet is a good size and that's seasoned well and tasty with a tiny pepper kick.

I'm not keen on the sauce, buttermilk, I would prefer regular mayonnaise or just to have it left sauceless.

The fried chicken wasn't that salty and was cooked perfectly and it was good sized thighs.

I did make a boo boo, thinking that the mini burgers were included but it was the regular fillets which I've never tried.

They are a bit saltier, could do with less but soft and yummy. The wings I hate, they have truly gone down in quality.

They used to be cooked well, not over battered, soft and with plenty of flavour, these are bland and tough. I do not recommend them.

The fries were all over the place, literally spilled into the bag. Some were fine, others undercooked but again under-salted or had no salt, woop woop, so the ones that were cooked properly were delicious.

The wraps I haven't sampled but famous named places, rely on their brand too much and end up cutting corners and messing with recipes to save money.

That's why predominantly I've visited more off-brands because they care about their customers more and want to get it right each time, not just make a profit.

KFC is just overpriced and for that money, I expect a way better experience.

I would rather just give my money to local places that have a higher professional level and cost way less.

The bbq mini fillet wrap, which wasn't that smaller than the regular, had too much sauce.

It overpowered the wrap and it wasn't flavourful. It's not something I would get again.

I just tasted the slight sweetness of the sauce and that is it, nothing else comes through.

The twister wrap was much better, that I would get again, nice crunchy coleslaw, seasoned chicken and toasted wrap but only lightly unfortunately.

The original prices I'll list for your entertainment because compared to overseas, it is ridiculous.

The ricebox is £6 or £6.50 with a drink.

The bbq mini wrap is £2.50 (that's actually acceptable).

4 wings are £4

2 pieces of chicken are priced at £4.20 and the above is without fries or a drink, yeesh!!

The mini fillets (strips), I think they are called abroad are £2.19 each.

(1 chicken burger, that I didn't purchase is £6)!!

That is complete insanity. The only things I would re-purchase is the chicken, the twister wrap and maybe the fillets but that's it.

If I went to another place, it would invariably be ten times cheaper and a better standard of food.

It was a fun detour though and I got my fried chicken fix.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D