Monday 6 March 2023

#BlogLife463 - Do you give yourself a boost?

I was so excited that the lemongrass face wash arrived so soon. I can't believe it was next day service when they predicted the middle of next week..

The price is around £4. I picked it up for £4.95 but I didn't have to pay any postage costs so it's a lil extravagant but it seems worth it.

The picture is already up on Twitter and it's a clear gel wash, that's 150ml which is the standard practically.

It's not overpowering but it's definitely noticeable, the scent lingers faintly even after it's washed off and I love it so much.

I've only used it on the face brush so far and I had to douse it because it just didn't seem to separate from the bristles.

When I applied the brush to my face, it really felt like there was nothing on there.

I had to feel the brush to make sure there was gel on the surface but eventually after doing a few rounds on my face, it started to lather up and that was a better distribution. 

It is so so light. I'm not really used to that, usually I feel it sitting on my face and working it's magic deep into my pores.

My skin feels thoroughly cleansed and soft, shiny and as though I have foundation on.

I can't wait to apply it to my hands and see what it feels like without the brush, either tonight or tomorrow.

I tried it just using my hands and it's just simple and refreshing. I would definitely get it again.

It doesn't really say who it is targeted for, maybe it's universal? 

Oh and there is no yucky beads, woop. The reason I dislike them is that they clog up my pores.

Combination dry and oily faces do not suit heavy products, skin needs to be able to breathe.

I spotted something I shouldn't have, the mini ferrero chocolate hazelnut eggs. 

I've only ever seen them once to try and have craved them ever since. They will arrive next week.

I could have bought 2 bags but nope, one will do. Also I didn't go through my post yesterday and found my pens and clips had arrived woop :)

Images are up on Twitter, although I feel the camera quality is getting worse, maybe I inadvertently messed up a setting..

Anyway the reason I don't like to spend much on hair clips is that the glue they use to stick on the pretty designs isn't that strong.

The covering seems to fall off very quickly but I couldn't resist these for summer.

It cost £3.30 for 20 clips and I usually pay way less than that but they are so colourful and adorable, I couldn't resist getting them.

They feel sturdy but in a few months, they will probably fall apart, if not I'll get another set.

The gel pens had the perfect array of shades for £2.30. It was 6 pens included, black, purple, blue, orange, green and red.

I knew that mainly I wanted black and purple and the rest could be anything.

It has a proper click cap so you know that it's tightly locked, it writes smoothly, the price was very reasonable for so many pens.

My only bugaboo is that the black pen had less than the others and that annoys me from a supposed new product.

They should all be the same but I probably would still get another set, it seems hard to get the colours I want at a discounted price.

I looked into a few brands but either they were refills, too expensive or only had black and blue colours.

I recall spending hours and hours journalling or composing poetry or stories.

That was way before I started having health issues. It was a lot easier and fun then experimenting with different colours.

But I always had to be careful because re-reading faint font was such an eye strain, that's why I prefer darker shades.

Typing is somewhat easier than writing but not as creative.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D