Tuesday 14 March 2023

#BlogLife468 - I can't give up the fizz

Afternoony Poppets.

How was the weekend adventures? Me? Well it was a mixed bag of nuts.

I rested a lot which was good but I felt really weird at the same time. Cramps, some nausea and this heavy feeling washing over my body.

It's probably just pmt and the nagging cough that comes and goes from a chill I caught doesn't help the situation.

It just won't seem to pass, sipping a sugar free drink helps for a while and then I return to my stomach being unsettled.

Plus my injuries are playing up, pain wise but I'm sure it will improve soon or in a few days.

I did have a deliciously deep sleep and that always benefits me, plus lovely naps during lunchtime.

Ooh I think most of Mama's perfumes are arriving this week, one of the sellers is away so that's not due soon.

I had a strange Ebay pop up which said one of the products I bought, the saline, there was some issue and the listing is being removed.

I haven't even opened it yet, it's just sitting there in a bundle. I've bought from them before and never had a problem.

I wonder if it's a quality control thing? Or a customer made a complaint. Who knows?!

I'm all about the bargains and saving money. I purchase from whoever sells it the cheapest and bulk buying works out to be better value.

That's pretty much how I control my spending and don't get in debt. I try to be careful.

Are you a fussy eater? Do you still refuse to eat certain things? For me when I was lil, I just remember being picky about cooked vegetables, I couldn't stand the mushy consistency but raw I loved.

I was never a big spice fan and my parents loaded and loaded it into food which turned me right off it.

They thought I would get used to it but no I can tolerate really mild, mild flavouring but that's it and not often.

I guess broccoli and brussel sprouts I found the least appetising but it's all about the seasoning.

I remember being in hospital recovering from having my tonsils and adenoids out.

It was definitely pre teen era and I was freaked out about being alone. I don't remember talking to any kids, fellow patients.

It was a long long time ago though. I just wondered when I was going to be allowed to leave.

I'm not sure why I recall certain memories and others are blank. I remember the nurse calling me into this tiny room, trying to give me the anaesthetic and her not finding my veins for a long time.

I don't know if they testing to see if I was allergic to it, prior to the operation but my head was spinning and I was either going to faint or vomit or both and she said, wait outside, we'll try again soon.

I was just thinking damn, let it be over. Eventually I just remember this patch being on my hand and the rest is a blur.

It was successful. I could eat ice cream but there was no appetite at all, just soreness.

Later on I recall them serving broccoli with I'm not sure if it was mash but it was the blandest thing ever.

I took a bite and refused anymore. It was only when at home the seasoning and spices were added, did I grow to love veggies, lightly cooked with the crunch remaining.

It just needed some cooking with love, to taste better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D