Thursday 7 September 2023

#BlogLife554 - Trapped on one hand, biscuits on the other

Song of the day - Let Me Love You - Mohombi/Shaggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNPUelcx1jo&list=FLI0DEk_aDykRP0sJnme-JBg&index=1

I know I'm not posting these in a timely morning fashion, sorry about that.

I just can't seem to get my brain working until late afternoon. I'm not a biscuit person anymore. 

I did love dunking in coffee but ever since I gave up hot drinks, I just disassociated with biscuits but I just got a craving for them.

And I'm out of snacks or so I thought. The freebies that I scored from Ocado I put aside, incase the driver came back but he didn't.

They are the sandwich types which were never my preference, custard creams and chocolate bourbons which are on the sweet side for my taste.

Every time I open two packets at a time, I hear my Mama's voice saying No No, One at a time ha.

The chocolate one is so much nicer. Maybe because my period's come and gone my nausea doesn't seem as bad.

Nothing at all today which I'm relieved about. I've worked really hard to get to a place where I don't bottle my feelings up.

It's hard though when someone is standing in front of me saying or thinking, I'm going to control your life.

I sent off the information and haven't heard anything back but now when I check my emails, I have a sense of foreboding.

This man looked at me and kept asking if I was pregnant, had kids or was a single parent??

How many times could I say NO, NO, NO! Was it my age or was it because I had a stomach?

Judgy, judgy. judgy! Honestly every time I spoke, he kept saying pardon? Even his colleague was looking at him, thinking dang, I can hear her, why can't you?

Then it was like great, I can contact you, whenever I want, to do whatever I say and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Ahem, I have responsibilities, I have duties, I have naps to be taken!!

I just don't divulge that I'm a writer, I need to let off steam, without them saying, Oooh let me read it, let me know what's in your head.

Argh, no thanks!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D