Wednesday 20 September 2023

#BlogLife561 - Are you unique?

Song of the day - What It Feels Like For A Girl - Madonna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYwgG2oyUbA

Song of the day is back and I've probably put that song on before but I've always loved it, so back it goes.

Most of the time I consider myself to be ordinary and plain, not remarkable or special at all.

However, because I've always been looked down on and underestimated, I've elevated my own status to unique.

I mean we all are. For the times that I feel hopeless and unsure of myself, I give myself a boost.

I tell myself or remind myself that in fact there are lots of things that make me stand out.

(While you are reading this, please think about and list some of your great qualities). Thanks :)

I can make people feel good without even trying by complimenting them or reminding them of their talents or sharing stories and it works.

I can weave tales from absolutely nothing and spin it and twist it and it makes sense. It comes together.

I look back at my posts and don't get me wrong, I love everything I've written, even the mundane ones.

But there are some that are just brilliant and it's weird for me to praise myself.

I'm not thinking, Oh I'm great, I'm perfect... I'm saying that, on that day I was really proud of how it turned out.

I spoke well and it was crafted carefully and all the points I wanted to make were included.

I was talking to one of the randoms recently and he was one of those types to add insults in, every so often.

Nothing cruel, just unflattering, to which I fired back but then he said one of those deal-breaker things and I blocked him.

There are certain pressure points which cannot be exploited and one of them is my physical appearance.

I've said this before that men expect women to have perfect bodies and I've never liked mine.

So when he said something akin to.......Improve yourself... I lost it.

I wanted to be found attractive and whole as a flawed woman in every sense.

Physically, intellectually, emotionally. I don't want to change, to please someone.

I think it is cruel and wrong to expect everyone to look the same. It's not something to joke about.

Knocking someone's self-esteem affects them deeply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D