Wednesday 2 October 2024

#BlogLife765 - Thinking of leaving? Upgrade haggle

It's been a productive morning, I got some answers about something I was supposed to do and it turns out, nothing extra was needed ha.

I was so confused and now that is out of the way. Now all that is left to do is to get a decent phone contract deal, yet again.

Unfortunately EE doesn't have a specific retentions path, it's upgrades and retentions.

So I will ask about when my contract is officially up, which should be soon in October and looking at the website Uswitch..

I can see that there are cheaper deals, I don't think they do a price match but it's a good thing to point out.

Vodafone, 02 and 3, plus ID, which runs on 3 are all significantly cheaper than EE's upgrade deals.

Why would I stay? Well personally, I like EE, the network is the smoothest for me in a bad reception area.

But they don't need to know that. I'm supposed to be disgruntled and fed up, which I kinda am.

I wonder if they really talk to their managers for permission to offer a better deal?

He put me on hold for ages. The price does keep dropping but not enough.

I didn't realise my contract isn't officially up yet. It closes on the 24th October.

From googling advice, one option was to say you've found a cheaper deal elsewhere, which I did.

On Uswitch, they were offering £12/13 a month on Vodafone, 3 and 02 was £16 a month.

Plus these were all with no upfront handset costs. He wanted me to pay £50 to get it down to £20 a month??

It doesn't compare. I knew they wouldn't go that low, so I am realistic.

I was hoping it would be knocked down to £17 at least. I said that when my contract ends, what's the procedure to leave?

And he said just request a PAC code, but if you use it before the 24th, you get charged an early cancellation fee.

(Plus using the PAC terminates your contract, which I don't want to do).

So I told him, I would just call back nearer the end of October to do that.

This is the time, they used to call back and offer me a satisfactory price but maybe they don't care about loyalty?

He did seem noticeably disappointed. I really want a new phone already, I've settled on the Samsung A15 in blue.

Oh as a reminder, the price quotes went from £44 to £37 and finally £31.

It's still not anywhere near the amount I'm willing to pay. I was polite but determined to leave.

Unfortunately it seems like I will have to do this sorry dance all over again at the end of the month.

Ugh!! Why can't they just be nice and give me a reasonable contract??

They are just gouging people on prices and they hike the prices up automatically each year anyway, that's another reason I want it as low as possible.

I have 4gb of data I don't use, unlimited calls and texts, which I fluctuate with.

The only reason to be on contract is for the free phones. I refuse to spend a couple hundred pounds on a phone.

Nope! Pay As You Go is a better option but there is no phone attached.

I am going to forget about phones for a while and have breakfast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D