Thursday 10 October 2024

#BlogLife772 - Free food

I was thinking about how convenient it was to get home exhausted and sore and then order some food, so that I didn't have to be on my feet or straining my body further but that's all done now.

Then I realised I actually have one last Just Eat stampcard that I haven't used yet.

It's basically a cashback system for ordering from a restaurant regularly.

I'm just not sure if it will cover delivery but that's an option if I fancy pasta or a pizza or even a sandwich tomorrow, one final treat.

The other more relevant purchases, are my earbuds, I use those to help with the de-stressing and PTSD.

I don't think I could live without those. The priorities are paying the rent and bills each month, I will just see if I can do that first.

I do have an overdraft that was just reduced as I hadn't touched it. The thought of using it and getting into more debt is just depressing.

Snacks seem like an overpriced indulgence too, they will have to go.

I did have another brainwave, a tool I used to help stretch the pennies further.

I could always go back to comping, you're not guaranteed to win anything but I was pretty fortunate with that, so that's an option.

I'm not frivolous really, I'm pretty good with money. If in the past I did spend more than I should, at least I knew I could afford it.

I don't have any credit cards, only the debit card, so I only spend what I can and pay it fully outright.

Having said that though, Mama did remind me, if I did have to make a big purchase to replace something..

She said Paypal offers you a choice to pay in installments and for a while, it's interest free and I had forgotten about that.

I'm just trying to think about the worst case scenarios so that I can prepare and know what to do, instead of being overwhelmed by the upcoming debt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D