Tuesday 8 June 2021

#BlogLife73 - Samsung downloads

Since I got my Samsung A41, I have been having increasing issues trying to figure out where the hell my downloads are located.

I don't have error messages, the download completes and I can see it. Apparently it stores away on my memory card which has ample space.

But when I use the *My files* they are nowhere to be found, not on the memory card or the phone. Android claims it gives system updates that improve the experience.

However a lot of times it seems worse. I miss the easy function of saving/not saving to the memory card without it being permanent.

I switch handsets so much I do not want anything permanent as in two years I will have another mobile. Actually I just checked my contract and now I know I can get early upgrades..

Maybe October next year I can get another Samsung with a much better battery. I have to charge it 2/3 times a day with the games and other usage which is very annoying.

Plus the whole, people can't hear me issue, unless I turn the loudspeaker on at all times.

Anyway I always use a separate browser that blocks advertisements and pop ups. Free Ad Blocker is the one I am using as well as the default Samsung browser.

I realised I was using the Ad Blocker for all the downloads and they were coming up missing. I thought I would experiment and I switched to the Samsung Internet and my downloads showed up in the correct folder immediately.

I could see it visible and it played without further issues. I think from now on I will just use the regular browser and not have the trouble of moving/copying it manually to the correct folder. Grr.

I have just gotten the Android 11 update on Saturday morning I think it was. I don't really see any difference apart from the look and dimmer options which are not low enough.

The battery life is still poor and it is messing with my own dimmer app but aside from that, no real changes that I can tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D