Friday 11 June 2021

#BlogLife76 - Alone but not lonely

I've had many people ask me the same question. They always approach me and say I'm so bored living by myself.

"Don't you get lonely at all?"

I always kinda look at them sideways, shrug and say nope. I love being in my own world. There is an immense freedom and safety about it.

I am just constantly working on myself, trying to be imaginative and kookie and find a balance between being productive and de-stressing.

It isn't always easy to do that with noone keeping tabs on me but then at the same time, it makes me step up and say, alright now.

You had fun catching up with a tv show, now it's time to act responsible again.

I'm constantly switching between BlogLife, writing fiction and other priorities so my day is packed.

I don't feel left behind as such. I just feel the strain of supporting/picking myself up.

I do occasionally miss the company of men but only for chit chat sake. I found with friends, family and acquaintances there was indifference but with males..

For that moment I am their sole focus so they tend to pay attention and ask follow up questions. I don't get that with anyone else.

I mean they aren't all perfect listeners but they do listen..

I suppose the only downside to being by myself is that I have had many falls and injuries where I was immobilised and couldn't do anything.

It is kinda scary and those times I guess I wished there was somebody around but typically I just manage the best way I can and make it through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D