Tuesday 22 June 2021

#BlogLife83 - Let me in S (fiction)

I hear tapping on the door. Let me in S.

I can't

Come on, I need to talk to you

It's not a good time. I swallow hard waiting for footsteps to leave. 

My hand wants to reach for the handle but it stays glued to my side. 

I'm not leaving!

I gingerly creep forward silently sliding my hand over the peep hole. Please just leave. 

S.. Look, I miss you and I'm not going to let you walk away and destroy what we have. 

I close my eyes, put my hands over my face and slump against the door. 

Remember when we first met? You thought I was so arrogant and sure of myself but you cut me down to size. 

Then saw that I was just an ordinary guy who was smitten trying to find some way of keeping you talking so I could impress you?

I nodded to myself as though you could see my expression.

I know your past hasn't been ideal and you have no reason to trust me but I am here. I have passed your tests. I have stayed true and contrary to what you believe..

I'm not going anywhere and you aren't either. I'll stay here all night if I have too. If that is what it will take to convince you..

I sighed. Straightened up and took a deep breath and then still unsure, I quickly opened the door before I could change my mind.

The sight before me, made me weak. I fell to my knees looking ahead at nothing and nobody.

I had been lying to myself and was almost convinced that.. 

You..

Were..

Authentic!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D