Monday 11 April 2022

#BlogLife249 - I have my eye on you

Morning all. How was your weekend? Mine was up and down on the one hand I was excited about my earbuds arriving and the downside was lack of proper sleep.

I keep wanting to lay in more and be properly rested but when I'm expecting a parcel, I worry about oversleeping and scrambling to the door before I miss the postie or courier.

I prefer to have my lenses in and be fresh and dressed, otherwise I don't feel like squinting to see who is at the door. I try not to rub my eyes but I always do, to get the grit out and now they are just tender and irritable.

I don't usually have issues with flies but I have one at the moment that is obsessed with me. Keeps buzzing around and landing on the laptop.

I never see it unless it's nearby. I've tried a bowl of water, spritzing peppermint essential oil, spraying/squishing it but it just won't die or fly out, grr.

I hate eating while it's hovering nearby. Oh I even tried binaural beats but it seemed to love that and lingered around even more. 

If you haven't read the twitter updates, what happened was, I kept refreshing the Amazon tracker and there was no news and it didn't say out for delivery, just that it was expected today (Saturday).

Then the next minute I see "package delayed in transit" so I have customer services call me, which I'm glad is working again.

Only to be told, they have no idea what's happening and it will arrive, anytime over the weekend so just keep waiting or Monday call for a refund.

It's irritating that there wasn't more information and it's their own service and they don't have an update? Amazon logistics, useless.

I'm trying to be optimistic but it's not looking good and by the evening I'm frustrated and call again in case I missed something.

I get told the same thing, just keep being patient and it will probably arrive soon blah blah. I just roll my eyes because it stays on the delayed message.

Sunday morning I get up early and decide to call again because I don't feel like waiting around the whole day. Finally I get some news.

He said Oh turns out, your package was damage en route and that was the reason for the delay and I'm thinking, they didn't have the common sense to send another one, until I called up??

Grrr!!! If I hadn't of chased it up, I would still be waiting. I'm sick of using the broken headphones. He says he has reassigned it and I should get it today (Monday).

The tracking was updated, with some garbage about Customer requested a new date. Pfft what about Amazon failed to deliver and inform me what the hell was going on??

Anyway it's now 8.42am and the tracking hasn't changed to Out for delivery yet. I know it's still early but I've been properly up since 7am and I can't relax until it's set in motion and I have it in my hands.

I may just ring them again to have some peace of mind. I find when something goes wrong, I have to keep chasing it up to get it, otherwise somehow there are more complexities to deal with and more time has passed, amplifying the lateness.

The representative said something about lunchtime but my head was fuzzy and I missed it. Ok I don't feel the reassurance I was counting on.

I called them up and she said the company line, all set for today but it's not out for delivery, 6am-8pm I think she said and it's nearly 9am now.

I'll just hope that it shows up. I would like to see if it's worth all this drama. I feel like I still prefer both options, overhead for daytime and outdoors and earbuds for nighttime and sleeping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D