Tuesday 26 April 2022

#BlogLife259 - You killed my last safe space (fiction)

 "I don't want to talk about it anymore. I just feel upset and angry and you wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain. I don't even know how to find the words anymore."

"Please try, for my sake. I didn't mean it.. I lost my temper. I thought I knew best, why wouldn't you fall in line? I know what the right course of action is for you, bend, relent, fall in line.."

"DO WHAT I TELL YOU!"

I step back and begin to shiver. It's getting harder to breathe. The air is being sucked out of the room. I hear you shouting but it's distorted.

I clutch my stomach and want to leave. I feel sick inside. Where has my freewill gone? My freedom to express myself?

I'm trying to escape but I can't move. I feel each muscle in my body tense as you grab me squeezing tightly, viciously shaking out answers that you must hear.

I am gasping for oxygen. My head is spinning, the room is swaying and everything is started to fade away.

I blink rapidly I can't stop. My breathing is slow and laboured. You release your grip and I look up and your eyes are red with rage.

I am afraid of what will happen next. I fall to the ground and hit my head. I have lost my peace, my happiness and my voice.

I thought you had left but I hear footsteps creep closer and you kneel and hate filled words pour out like targeted hits.

I curl up into a tight ball, bringing my knees up and your voice gets louder and even more cruel.

I can't move. I can't make it stop and I can't protect myself. I am stuck.

I need to find a way to get back on my feet again but I can't right now. I'm too visible, too raw, too fractured.

Once I rebuild the walls, then I'll fight you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D