Thursday 14 April 2022

#BlogLife252 - Sprinkled truths

Now I feel like the shopping saga is finally concluded. I eventually narrowed it down to 2 earphones. The U2 and the Q33 Voesud. 

I wanted a good all night battery life but that was not realistic for my budget.

I wanted it to be comfortable, the ear hook that sits behind my ear was mandatory, otherwise it doesn't stay inside.

After all the reviews I've read and watched on Youtube, auto connect seemed to be important, so I looked for that too.

Price was obviously a factor, around the £20 mark. It was actually £20.69. Cute and something I didn't really think about was a fast charge.

The USB C was probably the deciding vote. I don't know if the Q33 has it but it wasn't advertised as such.

I guess the bluetooth version sparked my interest. I wanted 5.1 at least as devices do have an annoying habit of disconnecting.

The U2 has conflicting advertising. On one hand the title says 5.2 and in the description it states 5.1. I'll be curious to see what it ends up being...

Also the battery on the U2 says it is 500 mah but 7 hours playtime. The Q33 states it is 2600mah and also 7 hours, how is that possible??

I guess I'm worried it won't last all night but at least with the U2 I can stick it in the case for a quick boost and within 1.5 hours it's all completely boosted 100%.

The reviews were mainly positive about the battery life and comfortability. The quality and sound were also praised.

It's funny that all the earhook products are designed for sportswear but I'll be using it mainly for sleep and possibly calls and videos, when the Beats are battery depleted.

It was difficult to make a decision as in my criteria one thing was constantly a let down, either call quality, battery life or durability.

I'm going to have to time how long the battery lasts. I'm not sure I would wear them outdoors because of the possible rain, they might fall off and the pulling them out to talk and hear people, will be tedious.

Where did I make my purchase?? 

Ha, Amazon. I took out a free prime trial and was hoping for same day delivery but I took so long deciding that Super Fast, Guaranteed by 1pm the next day was left.

I priced lots of earbuds around and anywhere else would be £10 more and although at this moment. I can't stand Amazon, I need something asap and I'm very frugal!!

I have a feeling that the first time I purchased earbuds they weren't impressive and had a big lag in replay.

The battery life was awful, a few hours if I was lucky and they did not work well together for some reason.

I think that is what put me off, even though the overhead headsets keep breaking, at least I knew for the most part they worked properly.

That was 6 years ago and it was bluetooth 4.1 I'm hoping technology has way advanced by now.

Oh I also wanted the feature to connect to multiple devices at once but to be honest I have that and it doesn't even work that well so it wasn't a dealbreaker issue.

I will investigate when it arrives today. I don't recall ever seen Rush delivery before. Same day delivery occurs when you order in the mornings before 12pm if available.

I am used to selecting Next Day Delivery but when I picked Rush it said Guaranteed by 1pm Tomorrow.

I ordered it at 4.40pm. At 4am it was despatched and at 8am it was Out For Delivery. Then at 9am the map appeared and said 8 stops ahead.

Unfortunately my eyes woke me up at 6am and I was more or less awake from there. I tried drifting back to sleep but then I started feeling nauseated.

I don't know if it's the stress or hormones but maybe when I eat and drink later, it will settle down hopefully.

Wow at 9.24am it's 4 stops away, it's going really quickly. Amazon really does prioritise it's Prime members with efficiency.

For free postage, it's completely haywire. I'm now wondering if the headphones I ordered before that never arrived were actually out of stock and nobody wanted to admit that??

It would explain, why it was never redelivered and why the seller didn't send the free replacement? I'm just speculating here and trying to make sense of it all.

I may do a mini review here and then close this subject for good. Ooh at 9.47am she buzzed and handed me the parcel.

Wow so glad I didn't sleep in. To be honest I didn't expect it until after 11am.

Unbelievable at 12.40pm I got another tap on the door. I thought it was the meter reader as they said they were due soon.

Guess who it was? 

A courier just handed me a parcel from Amazon. The box is scuffed and it has a Quality Control Pass sticker on it so my guess is, it's refurbished, used and returned or opened and returned without using.

I'm a cynical person, that's just me. I am happy though. I have 2 earbuds for the price of one and even though the seller didn't update me on it's arrival, it was a pleasant occurrence. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D