Wednesday 1 February 2023

#BlogLife445 - Hair mistakes

Morning you :)

I was going to make breakfast, some hot wholemeal toasted rolls with cheese, that I usually burn or overcook but I don't feel hungry yet.

I've been having mild cramps so I'm probably due on soon. I wasn't feeling peckish yet but a delicious hot meal usually warms me up nicely while I'm waiting for this fiddly blankie to heat up.

I just paid a bill and now I can relax that my phone isn't going to ring while I am in and out of the kitchen.

I can't believe how upset I used to be when getting my hair cut. I was obsessed with trying to grow it as long and luxurious as possible.

Hip level was my greatest achievement. I think I could wrap it around my neck as a scarf somewhat ha.

But it felt like one step forward and two steps back. Somehow I felt the nicest when it was long and flowy.

I previously felt that way for most of my life, until it wasn't thick anymore and I fought the decision to cut it.

I had some pretty nasty vile stylists, saying my hair looked like trash but it was the right decision and for a while it looked acceptable and then it became see-through and limp/lifeless again.

One day I must have just grabbed my blunt home scissors and started chopping it all off.

That first step was difficult but I didn't realise that I would end up reinventing my look and loving it.

Actually embracing short hair. I used to section it into 2 ponytails and snip the ends off.

2/3 inches I would say, either every other month or maybe 6 weeks or less, depending on if I felt like it was dry or needed shortening.

Now I don't feel like it has to be a perfect cut. I used to fret about the unevenness of it all and now I laugh about it.

No cut has to be pristine. Have fun with it and if someone is nearby, they can always level it out.

Hair grows back and mine now how this floppy, voluminous, flicky edge to it.

But it is making me chuckle that on my latest trim, there's one bit that is way longer than the rest and I need to cut that short because it's distinctly noticeable.

Truth to be told, it was 2 crazy bits and now that I have hacked them off, I feel more put together.

I'm not a huge fan of conditioners as they don't seem to wash out properly but I am loving the shampoo brand I bought.

Vatika, it just seems to be the first one in ages that is noticeably conditioning my hair.

It's probably been a few weeks or a month and my hair is less dry, has more volume to it and my scalp is less itchy.

I'm not sure which type I bought but next time I'll try a different version. It also doesn't seem as greasy.

I normally do either a repair one or a volume just to get my hair as healthy as possible.

The best thing to do is chop your hair off in front of a mirror but I typically just feel for what seems like excess and then check the mirror the next day.

The length is just below my ears now and there is probably people looking thinking......Pfft with her round face she can't pull off a chic short do.

But I disagree, do whatever pleases you and ignore the critiques. If even my family, that is saying something, they are the most unflattering people......

Alright off to eat, see you tomorrow. Confessionally speaking, last Friday was heavenly not blogging.

I didn't actually write anything but I did re-read stories to see where I was heading and I'm going to try not to have an end-game, set in stone as that is throwing me off.

I will just compose it and be as surprised as you on how it turns out :)

The shampoo version I got was the hair fall, multi vitamin with a cactus on the front.

You know what else is great about short hair? Those satisfying hair flips. I've missed those ha :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D