Tuesday 28 February 2023

#BlogLife460 - Looking after myself feels good

I decided to open the Beauty Formulas charcoal clay mask even though the cucumber one isn't entirely finished.

I get too excited about new products. It has the same cooling effect, is in a black solid easy to apply form and seems to dry quickish.

This one you have to leave on for longer, 10-15 minutes, the other was 3-5 I think.

I'm trying to figure out the scent. Aniseed I think, some sort of minty concoction, it's okay, nothing really strong.

I prefer sweeter perfume or fruity scents but we'll see how it acts. This mask just seems a lil more solid and less runny.

I just did my face wash with the face brush and now I feel so refreshed, when this comes off, my skin is going to be like butter.

Ooh after 5 minutes it's really tight on the skin, I don't mind that, it's just a lil strange.

I think my face is actually softer than margarine. Considering how long it was on, (I can't recall how many minutes), it washed off really easily.

I completely thought the blue Ebay flannel had gotten lost in the post but it arrived today (25th).

I ordered it on the 16th and it was supposed to arrive 2 days later. I ended up getting a silver one from Ocado as it was on sale.

From £6 to £3. Holy moly, I'm not sure I realised that the Ocado one, isn't one long thick towel but it's 2 flannels, woop.

The blue one is Egyptian cotton, softer and a lil thick at £2.69, it would be gentle on my skin but I wish it was a more dense.

The grey one is just 100% cotton and genuinely heavy and thick but not really that soft but it was a great bargain from £6, to £3 and that included 2 flannels.

I would not have bought it at the normal price and if I could combine the silkiness and chunkyness of both of those, it would be perfect.

I tried out the grey Ocado thicker face cloth and it's a lil harsh on the skin, it's really not that gentle, so would be an issue if you were really scrubbing your skin with it, ouchy...

I also just tried out the Itsu chicken and spring onion gyoza, that is tasty, soft and enjoyable, it actually does taste of chicken.

The sauce just tastes of salt, so will not be dipping into that, yuckity. It's cute that it came with chopsticks but I can't use those.

It makes a great lil snack or appetiser.

I've been trying to get flannels since last year. I'm limited to where I can go because of the chronic pain and fatigue and nowhere seemed to have them.

I just wanted a small towel so that I could soak it in water and keep applying it to the lump which the height of it has disappeared..

But that's what Google recommended. I got to admit that the skin around it has darkened and does feel a bit rougher.

It's just not improving, not matter what I do. It constantly feels like it's still leaking, there's no real pain but I'm so aware of it.

Mama is an ex nurse so I thought I would get her advice but not be completely transparent, incase she freaked out or just hassled me to see a Doctor.

I fibbed and said it was near my armpit, just seemed easier. Her stressing, would have stressed me out.

She wasn't sure, just said try vaseline for the pain but I don't have any, will just keep using aloe vera and hope for the best..

Hmm I woke up to my eyes burning today, this can happen, when I rub them, or if they are tired or from wearing the hard contact lenses.

However I am also wondering if it is due to the mascara I tried on yesterday, I did wash my face several times but I don't know if all of it got removed.

I don't feel like doing another experiment today as I had to wash my face thoroughly and douse my eyes in drops, several times to get them to stop hurting.

But this is why I don't like mascara...... I'll let you know the next time I try it, if it burns the next day...

I was a bit pushed for time, so didn't get a chance to apply the mascara.

I might do it later on after I've eaten my salmon sushi and napped.

I had a lil panicky episode today when a dog owner just brazenly let their dog just come close and either lick my boots or sniff them and it freaked me out.

I have a pet phobia, dogs especially. I can't recall what brought it on. The next door neighbours had scary large dogs as did the local shop.

I don't know if I was chased or cornered but ever since then, it just alarms me and I avoid the side, where the dog is walking.

Because the owner wasn't doing anything I literally had to beg him to get his pet away from me because I would have started hyperventilating.

I could feel the unease getting worse and worse and he looked so surprised at my reaction but I don't care.

I'm just not an animal person, except sharks, love those creatures.

Now onto Dic. Today's appointment was 12pm, tomorrow's would have been at 3pm.

I thought to myself, girl you have a choice, which one do you prefer?

I figured the earlier one today would suit me better, less people and traffic and I would be home and able to relax for the rest of the day.

I got ready, missed the early bus so quickly did some makeup and left and arrived a minute or two early.

Oh oh oh. I forgot the best bit. Dic called while I was at the stop and I was so cheery as I said I'm on my way........

Due to the fact that I knew he wanted me to come tomorrow instead.

The disappointment in his voice was evident bahahaha!!! All he could say was Oh, umm ok then, see you soon.

It's a bloody cheek though that he would have cancelled, right when I was due to leave.

He could have texted, could have emailed to say, just a heads up, your appointment is actually on the Wednesday......

But Noooooo, that's what happens when you Dic around with me, you get inconvenienced!!!

Oh and just as I got home exhausted, Dic called me for whatever reason. I checked the emails just incase he left a message but nope!!

I saw his name and ignored him as usual. The meeting took 1 minute and that was it.

He had all the time in the world to add anything he wanted but nope has to hassle me, when I tried to relax??

Nope, your policy is you don't do phone meetings, my policy is I don't deal with Dics, more than is absolutely necessary!

Try respecting me and I may just do the same!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D