Thursday 23 February 2023

#BlogLife458 - I will never understand men...

I'm still in a brain fog, topics float in my head and then disappear, it's hard to write when nothing sticks.

Hence the delay, sorry about that but after a long rest and food, I think I can finally make sense of it.

My friend was just telling me he's having computer issues and another mutual friend is really good with those types of problems so I suggested he give him a shout and explain what's happening but he refused.

I'm not sure why he's making such a big deal of getting help, I'm no fan of it but if someone is friendly and approachable and willing to dive in and give his take, then why not seek it out?

He confessed he's been googling and checking youtube and forums for five days now.

I don't get it at all. I just pmmed our friend G and asked him to talk to the guy and offer some perspective.

I know how much computer issues stress me out because I know virtually nothing except anti virus and even that perplexes me.

Ha maybe it's a pride thing. I know we would all love to be able to solve our own problems but it's not always possible, at the very least having a sounding board can give you further insight.

G just got back to me and consented so that is that.

I spoke to P last night again, we don't even make plans to get together, I just log in and see if he's about and I guess he does the same.

Normally I think he eats dinner and then comes online but yesterday was different.

I wasn't bothered I just said take your time, I'll see you in an hour maybe and I was just re-watching Mike and Molly episodes.

Hmmm looking back on the show, for someone that thought she was sooooooo superior to everyone else, she sure was selfish and self righteous a lot.

Did her own thing and to hell with the consequences, a hard person to like.

But then some of that is like me, although I try to support other people when they clearly need it too.

Anyway P comes back in just over an hours time and gives me a strangers greeting.

I was gonna mess with him too. Then I just got all confused, why would he be saying good evening, instead of I'm back..

I put we need to talk, just to have a laugh and scare him a bit and he reacted strangely.

I followed up with, are you not him? He replied, I don't know who you're talking about.

I'm not him. I double checked his name and the thing with online is that there are dopplegangers everywhere.

People mistake for someone else frequently. I thought, either it is a different person.

Or he's playing a weird game or he just doesn't wanna talk and this is a strange way to end things.

I thought hmmmm. Let's try this tactic because I half laughed it off.

I just put that my apologies, I thought you were someone else and I have to go now because he doesn't like me talking to other men, ta ta lol.

I just left it, even though he put, I admire your loyalty. There was silence for 10 minutes and I thought if it carries on much more, I'm off.

(Eeek side note, I think G is peeved at me, he's not saying much.

I think he's a lil miffed that the only reason I pmmed him was to ask a favour and not chat to him, oh well lol).

The computer pings and I read his message. You win the mexican standoff lol.

That cracked me up because it's normally me who does these weird silly tests.

I still don't understand what the point was but from then onwards we chatted as normal until...

He mentioned that in the weekdays he swims every morning but because we've been chatting until 1/2am he hasn't had the energy to go this week.

I said listen, instead of talking tonight, have a day off and relax, get some rest.

I thought that was extremely nice of me. His reaction? Are you bored of me? Is there someone else lol.

Ha so with minimal reassurance he declined and stayed until 1am.

That is not my fault at all. I gave him an out!! I still have a few bits to do before I maybe see him later.

I have such a low appetite today. Hmm but I want dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D