Monday 6 February 2023

#BlogLife447 - Taste a memory

Oaty type biscuits are one of my favourite snacks to eat but sometimes I find them on the dry side.

Something which caught my eye in Iceland was the Gullon Vital Grain chocolate oat biscuits that were new.

It was £1.15 and it says 5 in a box but when I opened one silver packet to take some images for Twitter it contained 2.

They are small and thin but very crunchy and oaty and there is a really tiny slither of chocolate between them.

It is a tad bit dry but what hit me is that it immediately reminded me of something else and I cannot recall what the other thing is.

It will drive me nuts. It is genuinely tasty. I wouldn't say it was filling but when you crave a small snack, it will do nicely.

I had half of one, just to try it and it hit the spot for me. The price is phenomenal for the amount you get.

It's essentially 10, unless they made a mistake with the first packet.

It almost reminds me of a wafer. I'll add to this post when I figure out what it was inspired by.

Alright I just worked it out, it's a cornetto, you know the bottom bit with the chunk of chocolate, surrounded by the crispy wafer, that's what it seems like to me.

I remember that on hot summer days, I used to walk the five minutes up the road to the off-licence store and browse the icy freezer section.

I dabbled between a few. The extra long ice poles. Feast lolly, as it was nuts and chocolate.

Viennetta log or the ice cream with the chewing gum ball at the bottom (I don't know what they are called.

That was back when I was into ice cream. Magnums also but predominantly it was cornettos.

I do remember being excited for the ice cream van that lingered around and as a family we would all get the 99p cones with the huge flake in the middle.

I didn't even like plain concentrated chocolate but there was something heady about chocolate and ice cream mixed together that was sublime on the taste buds.

Ugh I really need to get another eyebrow shape done as soon as possible. Maybe a pedicure too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D