Thursday 6 April 2023

#BlogLife482 - My pasta bias

Hmm the fancy pants chicken cacciatore/truffle macaroni and cheese pasta that I had, I feel mixed about. I love/hated them, which is unusual.

The problem with cuisine that is over the top is that, the taste goes from good to bad pretty quickly.

There was an ingredient added that just made it less appealing, the more I ate it but I'm not sure what that was.

I do like non-sauced pasta and the saucy kind but they both seemed dry and like it needed something basic to be added.

I've realised now that I like a heavier pasta. What irritated me was they lied about the types of pasta offered.

The chicken was supposed to be tagliatelle, and that is the long strips and I don't know what that was but it was too thin and light.

I don't think I would get either of them again and knowing that I wouldn't get the style that I requested and the price tag being more than usual is off-putting.

I've had a basic pasta dish that was moreish and packed with flavour that was a lot better and easier to swallow.

I was curious about their dishes and I'm glad I sampled it and know not to use them again.

Oh I've begun using the clear mascara and it doesn't irritate me the next day but sometimes it does cause immediate discomfort.

I think it's the type I have to layer on and I still do not see a curl but it doesn't smear my lenses and I'm happy about that.

I just got some baguettes and sandwiches in that I'll munch on today and tomorrow, the usual stuff, egg and avocado, chicken salad..

I wish there were more beef or salmon options but they are scarce and not often in stock.

The salmon is only ever the sliced (smoked maybe) kind, which lacks appeal.

I saw some new, well new to me things to try from Ocado Zoom. Robinsons cordial drink, no added sugar lemon, which I had not come across.

I also got the orange. I think I'm going to wean off the fizzy's now.

Plus I spotted some vegan sugar free cola bottles. Do you remember being in a sweet shop and your eyes popping out at all the shelves of sweets lined up before you?

Wondering what to get? Should I try something new or stick with a favourite?

Did you prefer the fizzy or regular cola bottles? Or was it chocolate mice? Or licorice? Maybe sherbets?

Chocolate peanuts was probably my favourite thing, although I dabbled in all of the above.

Many stores had signs that said, only 2 kids allowed at a time, maybe it was a shoplifting prevention thing?

Or a hyper manic thing? I always thought it was strange but fun as an adult to just breeze past the children and get served immediately ha.

Just checked the post, no curlers yet, boo. Maybe when the Postie arrives soon or most likely at the weekend or early next week at the latest I guess.

I'll let you know how the cola bottles turn out as I just remembered they are a hit and miss product.

I don't know why they vary from shop to shop but some don't taste authentic at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D