Wednesday 19 April 2023

#BlogLife489 - Sisterly advice

One of my pals started asking my opinion about beauty stuff and his love life and I just thought it was really sweet.

As he is a young chappy and I don't usually talk to the young ones but he's mature and silly so it's a perfect mix.

He's never pried into my life or set out to annoy me on purpose, neither has he been sleazy or hit on me and I'm so thankful for that.

I don't mind imparting some wisdom as he is not doing it daily or weekly just every now and then.

I guess for a moment I thought this must be what's it like to have a younger sibling that admires your judgement or a friend who looks up to you and values your ideas.

I'm waiting for him to give me an update, but nothing so far and I'm pushing for answers, that's his business and I'm fine with not knowing, just a tad curious on how it all turned out.

I'm still on this period, normally it would have finished by now but it hasn't.

I really should have bought pads yesterday but it skipped my mind as I was rushing back home.

Kotex night time maxi is the cheapest and best brand for me at £1 and there is 10 included, super value for money and very effective for heavy flows, although no wings.

My second best is Always maxi night with wings and it's £2something but only has 9 included.

It's thick but not as dense as Kotex and I double up when I'm out. I wish they had bigger packs for a lower price but if in stock which they rarely are, I tend to buy stacks.

I bought a bunch from Ocado Zoom to try as sadly there wasn't much of the maxi type available and that's the thicker towel.

Ultra is really thin and I don't find it effective so far but who knows what improvements have been made since I last tried them?

Totm have wings and are thin to medium thickness and were reduced from £3.50 to £2.50.

I haven't seen or tried them out before and I added images on twitter to compare them.

The Always ultra night size 3 I guess I'm most curious about. It's an 18xpack but for £3.40.

It's supposed to be for day or night use and has protection against leakages but it's super thin I can't see me liking it.

It's strangely scented too which is nice. I couldn't tell you what it is but it's kinda like fresh laundry, almost sweet, perfumey scent.

The Natracare has 14 pads included and costs £2.60. This is a medium thickness for light periods.

I don't mind it but I feel more comfortable with maxi versions as I know I'll definitely be secure.

I'll either update this post when I've tried Always and Totm or I'll add their reviews separately when I've used them.

What I tend to do when I have a mix of thin and thick, is combine them together and that is the best of both worlds.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D