Wednesday 26 April 2023

#BlogLife493 - Periodic pains

Song of the day - Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy_eP-mqWow&list=PL_S79tzxwHpOjlynfkGbkx-UC99ltSAXW&index=15

A few days ago in the UK we had this mass emergency alert test to broadcast news to everyone local in a convenient fashion.

I read about it on twitter prior to this and then forgot all about it so when my silent phone, beeped and vibrated, it shocked me.

I jumped and thought the laptop was doing it but then I picked up my phone and switched off the message.

At least it worked, well for me anyway, some didn't get it apparently.

I just emailed BodyCare to enquire about my parcel from the 21st April. I don't want to chase it up with Hermes, I doubt they have a contact number.

As usual it's probably just a bot service which is infuriating to try to get answers from.

I'll see how they handle difficulties, as I said before Companies are fine when everything is going smoothly but once difficulties arise, how do they respond??

If I'm not happy with the outcome, I'll probably move onto another site.

Bad customer service is off-putting.and I just realised it's a Bank Holiday on Monday which means further postal delays grr.

What would cheer me up right now is a big thunderstorm with lightning and heavy rain.

I've done so much laundry this month because of ongoing periods, I need the heating on to dry the clothes grr but it's getting warmer.

Plus I need the blankie over me. Holy moly, there is 3 Bank Holidays this month, 1st, 8th and the 29th May.

It feels like everything comes to a standstill during the holidays and I don't know if I'll have to do an emergency shop for thick sanitary towels.

I only have the thin ones left but I need a mixture, fortunately I haven't been called outdoors but I still could be this week.

Regarding my hair/haircuts I sometimes wonder if I am trying to make myself look bad on purpose, just because I feel horrible at the moment.

Maybe that's why I don't take special care and use mirrors but cut blindly?

I am actually fortunate that it works out. My hair is thin and there are bald patches but I'm not sure if they are noticeable or not.

If I can manage it, I always go out with freshly washed hair that is volumised so it appears thicker than it actually is.

I'm not focused on that too much as there is nothing I can do about it.

Vitamins were probably aiding me but now that they are making pmt worse, I can't take them anymore.

But then again trimming my hair a lot does seem beneficial. The ends look better, fuller and stronger.

Just as I thought I had come to terms with keeping my hair shoulder length..

I feel mixed about it being ear length. I don't think I truly miss having long hair, although it was beautiful when it was healthy.

It still had no style, it just hanged on my face or was just lifeless.

Thinking back I don't recall liking any haircuts I had at the salon. It was always a disappointment.

When I first began trimming my hair, I played it safe and just messed with the bottom half so it remained unadventurous.

It's only been the last few years where I've dared to be bold and messed around with the side bits.

Sometimes it's for the better and other times, I butcher it but it grows quickly so it's never a disaster.

I do wish my face was slimmer, it is sooo round but it's a kinda natural cuteness with or without makeup.

And even though the media says Bobs are for anorexic faces and thin brows also, I say screw that.

If I'm happy with it, then that is all that matters. For some reason I keep thinking someone is going to approach me and say I look awful.

I don't know why this pops into my head often but I have this angry defensive row in my head and then I look around and shake my head.

I have to remind myself, hey there missy, no-one is provoking you.

Relax and play your happy music. It's probably pushing myself out of my comfort zone that has me paranoid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D