Thursday 11 March 2021

Wattpad story completion!!

I'm still buzzing. I was half gaming, half rewatching Moonlighting for the billionth time and suddenly I wanted to write.

First I loaded up Blogger, attempting a fiction post and a second later. I thought nope. 

I'll go on Wattpad and see if inspiration hits. I've been avoiding finishing it, not knowing if its been worth my time but it was a dream of mine so I persisted on and off for years.

My process is while I am staring at the page, I have a vague idea about what I'll write but it never turns out the way I think it will.

I say to myself okay, this is the direction I see it going in. I make notes for plot ideas and just work around that notion.

The moment I start writing though, words are dancing in my head and my gut takes over from my brain.

Is that normal? Who am I supposed to be listening too? I've been going with my gut because it just spills out of me, more naturally. 

I usually write half or a whole chapter nowadays before I would write the night away but not publish until the morning.

Tonight I thought. Alright I seem to be super inspired so even if it's changing directions again..

Ill go with it and that will be it but as I finished that chapter. It finally dawned on me, how to end it.

Some bits of ideas I kept and the rest discarded. I haven't set it to *status complete* until I finish some small edits.

But the fictional story is written in its entirety. I thought I was going to feel anxious and sad but I feel great. 

Love it or hate it. I'm not sure I'm fussed but it'll always be my first baby and I'm proud and thrilled its finally done.

I'll leave a link but don't feel obligated to read or comment. It was a passion project. Hopefully some humour injected and a story that makes sense lol :D

I was beginning to think I would never do it but I overcame it. Very satisfying feeling.

I'm going to try and attempt some sleep. Although, one game of scrabble might be played first.. 

I deserve a treat :) Strange I didn't even make it to 40 chapters by 38 it had wrapped itself up.

I'm going to leave this as a draft and then when my edits are done. I'll put the link in, it's already on Twitter but I'm not sure how many of you use that.

By the way I put a mature rating on it, not because there is smut. There isn't any. I did it for the mature themes and slight violence.

I just wanted to cover myself in case it got flagged.

What is it about? A mystery woman who isn't who she appears to be and two men who arrive with agendas. Are they trustworthy?

Will they be good or bad guys? Who will she pick in the end?


https://www.wattpad.com/story/37953079-faithless-pursuit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D