Saturday 13 March 2021

Welcome to my blog party :D 200th Post!!!

Come in, come in. You're early but you can help me set everything up. 

The caterers haven't arrived yet and by that I mean Iceland but they are due anytime now, so keep an eye out please because I am cranking up the music slightly :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTgx_pj6m8

Starting with Kool and the Gang - Celebration! 

Why are we having this hullabaloo you ask? Well I couldn't publish my book and not mark this milestone. I feel like all I'm known for is being sick and dieting pffft.

That changes now. Loads of people said they wanted to try writing but couldn't but I actually did it.

Party tip number one. I used my mini fan to blow dry my hair and get some volume and yes it is all completely done. Cool air means that I won't get heat damage.

The sour note is, I just realised I have to go out in the rain soon grr. Looking through my playlist, you know what I'm realising?

It's really tough to find an upbeat song that isn't lovey dovey :D

This isn't exactly up-tempo but it is a really fun feelgood song. It really spoke to me from the first time I heard it and I have adored her ever since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRv6ZHScHQ

It's India Arie - Video!

It's all about loving yourself and embracing your imperfections, We all share them. That's my take on it anyway. 

I play it when I need to reminder that I'm too hard on myself and I should ignore people that criticised my looks.

Next up we have...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYYDV0EPxk

Kool and the Gang - Ooh la la la

Granted my playlist is all over the place, with old and new music but it's the music I partly grew up with and then developed my own tastes away from my family but who doesn't enjoy the classics? :D

Half of mama's gifts have been despatched, fingers crossed the other half get there today or tomorrow. 

Ahh yes, the food has arrived. We have lemon or victoria cake. Not mixed together, all separate. 

Creamy chicken and herb or salmon vol-au-vents. You know those mini pastry things with fillings. Nachos topped with cheese and guacamole. 

The pepper sauce and beef are on the side because I don't know who eats what nowadays and also..... I am a lightweight when it comes to spicy food.

I don't mind it seasoned but nothing that burns the roof of my mouth off or makes my ears fill with steam :o

I feel like I am missing something... Hmm. Oh yea mixed nuts. Cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and we also have some decadent choccies.

I bought the mixed selection box of Ferreros. You know I love them and it's something for everyone. Dark, milk, coconut and white chocolate.

Anything else? I can't think of it and I am tired from all this dancing. Ok two more boogies and then we relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Dqyj0yWqo

Daddy Yankee - Limbo

I got the spanglish version because I don't speak spanish and I like to try and sing along to the words lol. 

Party tip number two. I don't know why and it could just be me but songs just sound better a lil bit sped up. 

I've been playing them at 1.25 speed on Youtube for years and on my phone I downloaded Dub music player which has a speed setting.

Try it and see what you think.... Where are my manners. Please excuse me for not offering you a refreshing beverage. I have chilled drinks.

Shloer rose wine, vimto, fanta or you could play bartender and mix up some fruity mocktails??

Alcohol free zone I'm afraid.

Ready for more music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cGjiue0xAE

Another Level and TQ - Summertime.

Wow that was fun! Who knew you were such a party animal. You look so reserved and quiet but you are chatting away and seems like you are enjoying yourself.

That was my hope. Now we have to wind down because it's getting late and I'm yawning, no offence but I just want to curl up and watch something cheesy.

You want to join me? Coolio. I just finished watched Coming 2 America, that was great, Want to see the original? Or we could watch.........Charlies Angels? Bridget Jones Diary?

You pick. I'm going to turn up the heating and try not to fall asleep..

Thanks for helping to make it a entertaining party.

Sweet dreamZzzz...

One last thing. You all looked gorgeous tonight and I can't believe I've written two hundred posts!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D