Tuesday 9 March 2021

Fancy a chat?

This might be a bit one sided as you lot are the strong silent types so mind if I start? I know it's been a while since I did a proper update but life happens.

The Mistplay gaming is time consuming but fun and I have redeemed three £30 Amazon vouchers so far. 

Those of you that follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SleeplessScrib1) will know that I have been vocal about it and will put up random tips and let you know if there is a mistcode going for free points.

I won't post the code but I'll let you know a new one is up. I feel a bit awkward. I think you should follow their social media if you want the code that way they can continue building their brand and offering more perks.

I can relate to trying to do that and I'm still trying to build myself up and showcase my blog but in my own way. I'm feeling more confident each day.

But until I get that recognition, I'll continue giving myself kudos. I feel like the positive thoughts need to outweigh the negativity.

As a semi frequent shopper on Amazon I got offered a 99p weeks trial so I snapped it up to avoid delivery costs as I was shopping for Mother's Day that is on the 14th March.

It has come around so soon. I've never received a gift basket aside from competition wins but I think they are such a fun and exciting gift to open.

This year I thought I would just go the semi indulgent route. I compared prices and ended up with an assortment and all those things had Prime discounts lol which I didn't realise until I checked out.

Altogether I think it was a £6 saving which though not a massive amount, it's still a good portion. I bought some Lindt nutty dark chocolates, A Christian mystery fiction book, sparkling rose non alcoholic wine and a wildlife dvd set.

What do you think? Is that a cute enough bundle? What are you buying for your mamas? I tend to buy the same mixtures as gifts with slight differences as that is what she likes.

I'm surprised I managed to get Sunday delivery but Prime lets you choose a day for no extra cost and she is likely to be home at the weekends plus the actual day itself.

How cool is that?? It's only the wildlife dvds that will be delivered between now and the 15th March as they weren't covered by Prime.

I find Amazon delivers most stuff early anyway aside from at the holidays and those awful Black Friday deals, where they jack up the prices, instead of lowering them.

At home I don't have a mirror in the bathroom or a Vanity table. I just usually squint and do my makeup with a hand mirror. I do have a full length mirror on my wardrobe but half of it is covered, so I don't tend to use it.

I finally got around to plucking my brows and I noticed more prominent grey hairs right at the front in between my black hair. Ugh it is sooo noticeable.

What do you do with yours? Assuming you even have any? I have finally got my hair back to it's healthiest-ish state. No more colour treatments or heat.

Regular trims. This last time. I am sure I hacked off about three inches by choice. I resisted it for the longest time but you know what?

Not having see-through stringy hair anymore is such a great look and feeling. It's not thick or too thin. It's now got volume and texture to it.

I still can't leave it loose though. It doesn't seem neat enough. Ooh I just spotted the wide thick yoga headband in the black shade for £3.61.

It's a lil more than I wanted to pay but it will make tying up my hair and keeping it out of my face better. Half the time when I use my face brush, my hair gets soaked.

Not ideal and I can wear the headband out because it isn't a flashy colour. I'm not trying to draw attention to my hair because although it's in a much more improved state.

I don't think I'll ever be considered trendy. I just think those females with the headbands and messy buns look so effortlessly chic.

What do you do with the front wisps of your hair? I don't know if overseas they are referred to as bangs? Even though I have a round face.

I hate having any hair free and loose. It just annoys me, especially when I am out and the wind is smacking it into my eyes and makeup. Grr.

I think most women prefer to have some of it out and it does look nice but not me. Another reason for the headband option. I really don't spend that much time on my hair.

I'm lucky if it is even fully dry when I leave. I air dry it and half of it tends to be dry and styled and the rest is playing catch up. Don't laugh!! :D

I prioritise sleep over getting ready. I have so lil of it. I am frequently running late so I just grab hair bobbles and stick it up into mini buns or ponytails.

If I have time, I like to do my makeup. Foundation, eyeshadow and lipgloss and that is it. Occasionally I'll fill in my brows with an eyebrow pencil but half the time I forget.

I have never really done the contouring thing. Again, it looks stunning on others but I'd rather do the minimal and let my face breathe, then cake on makeup.

I'm due on my period soon and feeling extra tired. Do any of you feel lethargic just before you start? I remember reading ages ago that drinking orange juice helps.

I don't know how. I should probably Google it but since I started doing it, it has. Strange the things that help. Do you have any tips to recommend?

I've got these two specifically on my Youtube playlist for cramps and a reduction in intensity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp-pJXhWwhg&list=PL_S79tzxwHpPxSrIjg-Rj-EEMAvAtdqGA&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlxRiOdIsw&list=PL_S79tzxwHpPxSrIjg-Rj-EEMAvAtdqGA&index=3

To be honest. I don't listen to binaural beats regularly. I use them as and when I need them. It's not a universal thing. It helps some and doesn't work for others.

I don't use medication so I have to look for natural remedies. I don't have much of an appetite at the moment. I'm not feeling bloated just not hungry.

I can handle eating snacks as meals but not a huge feast. I bought some crackers that I'm really enjoying and I've tried the Asda chocolate and nut muesli bar...

It's really good value. Six medium sized bars for 61p. The taste could be better but it isn't bad but the texture is rock hard, that makes it undesirable.

I'm not going to go into details but it's funny how you get used to an organisation being really brutal and heartless when you're in a super fragile state...

Then you get a call out of the blue from them and my defenses were up and I was thinking, here we go, what mean thing are you going to say to me?

She was a delight to talk to. Big shock. I think on a personal level, she related to me as our circumstances are very similar. She even told me that she would handpick the next person I have to interact and make them super nice.

My eyes were watering at that point. I am so used to dealing with these power-tripping people that put me down because they know I can't say anything back.

So it was a real change of pace to deal with someone showing me respect and telling me I deserve better. I didn't tattle. I just told the truth that some of them are awful.

I didn't say this to her but when she said I was getting a new person. I thought. Thank heavens. I hated the previous one. Vindictive for the sake of it.

I could have easily mentioned his name but the pushback would have got me in trouble too. His personality seems horrendous so I know that if I told her his name, he would have sought revenge and made me look bad.

I don't need the stress and I'm already feeling a lil vulnerable with the surge of hormones coursing through my body. 

Holy moly. I didn't mean for this post to go on. Once I get chatting, there is no stopping me. Oops. In my head I'm working on a fiction piece but I'm not sure about it.

Take care you lovely readers and be safe :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D