Thursday 25 March 2021

#BlogLife5 - Surroundings

I got to admit after an early productive morning I had a long nap earlier. I don't know how you feel about those, some people love them and some advise against them.

To be frank, having ailments and being a broken sleeper means my body requires extra rest so I will take a break in whatever form it takes.

It's not a regular occurence and that is why I avoid waking up before 10am because I know I will crash out at lunchtime.

Q1) What does the space you blog in look like? Is it an office atmosphere with stationary and those cute swirly chairs?

A) It's my woman/man cave. It has everything I need, binders, notebooks, colourful pens, a computer and yes a twirly office chair.

B) I like to write in the kitchen where there is a lot of natural light and sweet access to the food and drinks.

My space is my bedroom. I lounge on my bed (I know I know, easier to nap) but I can't sit down for a long period of time. I have to switch positions and my bed is the most comfortable place to spread out in.

It's not dainty but I bring a cold bottle of flavoured water from the fridge with me and just write away until it is time for a break.

Q2) What movie makes you laugh the hardest?

A) It's none of your beeswax, a person's film choices are their own. Just kidding. It's Innerspace. Who doesn't adore Martin Short?

B) Three Fugitives. Martin Short and Nick Nolte, what an odd pairing but it is soo funny.

A definite theme happening. I have too many to list. Have you ever seen Big Business? It just cracks me up.

I guess my point is, where ever you choose to write, make it somewhere comfortable that you can stand for a while because you are more likely to finish writing and get lost in your work, rather than fidget or procrastinate.

The reason I asked about the movie choices aside from getting to know you and you getting to know me, was because sometimes either we will hit a stagnant point where nothing flows or..

The opposite in which writing is pouring forth beautifully but it is so emotional that it destroys the inner harmony and if you are like me, afterwards you need something light and feelgood to give you comfort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D