Wednesday 24 March 2021

#BlogLife3 - No time for that

 Afternoony :)

You're the first to arrive, take a seat. I don't know about you but my mind is continually racing. I multi task for a large portion of the day.

Q1) I guess I'm curious to hear about what other bloggers and writers do about their time management?

A) Do you throw your hands in the air, look up at the sky and say. For the love of pizza. I'm only human, I'll get to it, when I have too.

B) Are you super organised and have allocated pie charts, spreadsheets, graphs, post-it notes and alarms to figure out what you should be doing at what time, so that no second is wasted?

I'm going to whisper what I do, so that the rigid amongst you don't get mad at me :D I cannot set a specific time to write or be creative, my mind doesn't work like that.

I can say to myself this morning, I have time to spare, let's see if I can be creative but I have tried a schedule many times and if I say 10.00am I will write either a new chapter or a new post..

It never turns out well. Either my mind is blank or the little that pours forth makes me shudder. The pressure to be imaginative on the spot is overwhelming for me and I shut down completely.

Everyone is different and you might need more structure than I do. I find that when I choose to write, I can totally immerse myself and just get carried away with it and I am thrilled because I tend to more relaxed and it just rolls out easier.

Q2) How do you get out of a funk? By that I mean a totally immersive mood where you just feel lost.

A) Raid the fridge/freezer/cupboards/secret hiding places for comfort foods? I don't mean hugging your snack drawers affectionately.

B) Set up camp under your duvet with a severe do-not-disturb-or-I'll-hurt-you sign freshly drawn on the door. An array of dvds, magazines and everything else until hibernation is over?

What do I do? Honestly I cry it out in as many forms as I can find. Depressing music, movies, blogging and switching off my phone for me-time.

It is heaps better than insisting I am fine for the millionth enquiry and avoiding it. I may just need a day or a week but afterwards I feel back to normal.

It is out of my system and sometimes when I'm happier, I go back and try to pinpoint the trigger but it's not always possible. 

For recurring issues it's a lil different because they tend to pile up overtime and just get harder to face. I try to deal with it before I hit my breaking point but sometimes they sneak up on me.

Shawn Mullins - Lullaby

Lisa Stansfield - All Woman

Sia - Big Girls Cry

Des'ree - Crazy Maze

Jagged Edge - Goodbye

Natasha Bedingfield - I Bruise Easily

Mary J Blige - No More Drama

These are still some of my favourite songs to play while I'm in this mood. I think I'm going to end it here. Thanks for coming along.

Chat show host/Quizzer could be my new career :D Goodnight and no promises for when the fourth piece comes out but hopefully soon :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D