Friday 1 July 2022

#BlogLife302 - SwiftKey keyboard? SlowKey more like!!

I have tried lots of keyboard apps for my phones. SwiftKey, Google, Grammarly but none of these have the autocorrect feature that is remotely accurate anymore.

SwiftKey is the best of a bad bunch but now it has become unusable. It lags, autocorrects the wrong words, bunches up text, duplicates and will not let you amend it.

It's just so awful every time I try a bunch of different apps, hoping for an improved experience and there isn't any noticeable difference.

I'm going to try TypeWise and see how it fairs. Ahh I just tried something with SwiftKey.

I pressed Clear Typing Data which loses the saved words and it seems a lot better.

Not perfect but at least I can type better on the internet now. I have finally activated TypeWise it has some interesting features.

Mostly you have to pay for a lot of the perks, including themes, there is just black or white or a hybrid presently on the free version.

I do like the option of swiping up to capitalise a letter. Not keen on the exclamation mark setting.

It would not register that I pressed it during the tutorial. I wasn't keen on the hexagon layout so switched to traditional which was easy.

I had a dickens of a time trying to locate the delete key. I was randomly pressing buttons..

Why would they not make it easy, when you're in a hurry? I finally had to switch back to SwiftKey to rattle of the message.

I just tried it again and can't find how you erase the text which is one of the most basic features.

I'm uninstalling it. It's useless to me. I need something easy and quick, that's ready from the get go.

I'm really used to the predictive text side of things also. The keyboard that anticipates my next thoughts.

Ugh once again I am stuck using subpar SwiftKey, until I can be bothered to try out some more garbage apps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D