Friday 15 July 2022

#BlogLife310 - The long awaited call

Don't you just hate those moments, where something is in your eye, like an eyelash or grit and it's irritating your contact lenses so that it feels like you're dealing with broken glass?

I had that issue today, which probably means the humidity has been steaming up my lenses too much and they need the protein tablets for a top up thorough cleanse.

I finally remembered to soak them last night but they still feel uncomfortable and will not stop watering during the day but at the same time, feel incredibly barren.

I did have the call from MD, I don't know why I sometimes call him DM, Dangermouse? lol! (A kids cartoon show).

But I can read people better in person or on the phone and it dawned on me my suspicions were correct, he avoiding calling as he didn't think I would pick up or that I would slam the phone down.

Ego thing maybe? By doing these pre-emptive breakups he was avoiding being dumped possibly by his logic..?

But how many times could I have explained I wanted to talk things through?

I did confess to my crimes and I didn't feel as though I was crawling, I am just a grownup and if I'm wrong, I'll say it.

I know that he appreciated it and it was slightly awkward but somewhat the same.

I had forgotten what he sounded like. A bit posh. He thinks it's just about the voice but I like him for more than that quality as I confessed that mid yawn.

I wanted to nap through this heat but I can't. Grrr. I think another problem was that, it still always felt unfinished.

I had this nagging doubt inside my head that, there was more to come but even I have to be realistic and let go.

Except I really didn't want too and still don't, he's still in the back of my mind, since the beginning and hasn't really left.

He did apologise genuinely and will make a stronger effort to communicate better.

I shall wait and see. I will say that things appear differently than before.

It seemed more flowy and now there is a slower pace and less interactions.

Thinking about it though, maybe that isn't a bad thing. To pace it and get to know someone properly, instead of rushing in?

At least now I am slowly coming around to the idea, that it's more of a mutual endeavour, instead of just solo.

I would take five minutes with him, than an hour with a random.

Now I have gotten decent blocks of sleep, I feel more myself. I did have a breakthrough on of the stories but I still don't feel like working on them at the moment.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D