Tuesday 19 July 2022

#BlogLife312 - Anti summer love

Are you a summer bunny or do you prefer the colder climates? How are you dealing with the excessive heat?

I'm just wearing light clothing and putting half filled squash bottles in the freezer to make homemade slushies.

Then every few hours I rub ice cubes around my face. I also have the fans going all day and night. I am so relieved that I bought 2 now.

I know I'm in the minority but I hate this heatwave and not keen on summer, not being able to layer up and waking up sweating.

Feeling as though I am slowly baking in an oven that can't be switched off. Ugh!!

Have you got sunburnt? Stock up on aloe vera, you may or may not need it.

The only time I ever recall my skin actually burning as I have never in my life bothered with sun block, was when I was a teenager.

I was in a t-shirt and shorts I think and my bare arms starting tingling and then I felt them scorched by the heat.

They weren't burnt but I really felt vulnerable that day. I've never experienced that since. I'm not looking forward to popping out tomorrow for groceries.

It's not much, maybe bleach, wraps, tissues, that sort of thing but I will go early and hopefully be back before it's too bad.

I'm hoping the bus tomorrow has windows and a seat. My Supereyes drops are nearly finished so I bought Blink.

It's the Intensive Tears version. I'm not sure if they are rewetting, the type I am supposed to purchase for my hard rgp lenses but they are contact lens friendly again.

I don't need to remove my lenses, to use them. I've used this brand before but I can't remember if I liked them.

Some drops are too thick to be hydrating and fog up the lenses and some are too thin.

I just hope they don't sting. My eyes are still sensitive and irritable and very dry.

They cost £4.50 and are due to arrive between today or before the weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D