Thursday 4 July 2024

#BlogLife716 - New boiler not warming up to me

When did I get the new boiler installed? This year or last? No idea but it was January, anyway since then I haven't any problems, we have been co-existing famously.

Ahh I had to look it up, it was October 2022. It didn't seem that far back. Nearly 2 years ago. Hmm.

Until yesterday when it seem to stop-start and everything appeared normal on the monitor but on the boiler itself 000.

Apparently it's supposed to be 1.00 or 1.05 something like that, and I'm supposed to press something underneath twice and fiddle with pipes?

Umm no lol. I can barely see and read at the moment, everything is slightly blurry and then after all that, he said, Just call us back if it happens again hahaha!

Too right I bloody will, I'm not trained as an engineer, that's your job matey.

But jokes aside, that may have been the fastest response time ever!

I reported it wasn't working at maybe 11am or 10ish and then by 4.30pm he had fixed it and left.

They always worry me though and make out it's a huge dramatic issue.

He said it's losing pressure too fast and there maybe a leak but then he said, Looks good lol.

Goodness me, scared me, I thought it was going to be another long procedure, with them coming and going.

What concerned me was that for a combi boiler, he only seemed to be focused on the water bit, not the heat bit.

When he left, sure there was hot water, but no heat, so I fiddled with the screen until the flame was present and now I can feel it working.

I will do my usual tricks and leave it on for an hour and then switch it off and do the same tomorrow, just to keep it happy.

Good gracious it is moody when you neglect it!!

I've lost my appetite a bit. I am enjoying the veggy pakoras and the dessert but nothing else really.

Stress is getting to me. I think I'll be happier when I get my spare lens, Oh I hope he gives me a full spare set.

Just ordered Mama's birthday giftset of essential oils, peppermint, lime and orange, lavender (yuck), ha and I got her a bonus lemon as we both adore citrus :)

Then I'll get her a Just Eat giftcard and maybe some other goodies.

Oh that's funny there was discounts and other credit available so I saved £6 ha! Fabulousness :)

Mama also offered to refer me to her dentist. I'll see what happens, the rate things are going, we won't meet until both our birthdays have passed.

I just really want my other lens so I can seeeee. Hmm, ha, J's been suspiciously quiet today, he did reply this morning but I've been winding him up a lot of late.

He thinks we shall talk tomorrow and I said tonight, who is going to be holding all the cards?

Who is going to win victoriously and do a winner dance? It's Thursday afternoony now J hasn't replied but that's not my concern.

This morning I heard the radiator making noises but I was too tired to get up.

I switched it on today and assumed it was fine but I didn't check it and I felt cold, once again the monitor display is normal but the boiler has the three or four zeros again, signifying an issue.

Oh crumbs it's brand new, this shouldn't happen. I'm going to call them back tomorrow, I can't deal with them today.

Too many headaches. I just want a simple solution and what's putting me off, is that there is a radiator in my bedroom and he will need access to all of them.

I just tidied up a bit and then thought I might as well see if they are still open.

I called expecting them to be closed but they were available and once again classed it as an emergency 24hr ongoing repair job.

From now until 8 or 9pm or definitely tomorrow from 8am. She said they would call prior but texting is fine.

I'm not heading out and to be honest, my stomach is feeling queasy from the stress.

Hmm I probably shouldn't have mopped the floors but it was a good distraction with the music blaring.

I should take the bins out too but I am wiped out. I wonder if they will make it today?

As it's 4.30pm and the day is almost over for most. I almost feel guilty for being a priority customer, but then again not really.

I am long term ill. Just feels a bit wrong to jump the queue, instead of waiting my turn.

I want to curl up and nap but not tired enough, it's just the weight of problems that is exhausting me.

This should be a carefree month but I can't shower, can't wash my hair, can't do laundry, can't dry my clothes..

I feel so yucky. Hopefully he will arrive tomorrow when the floors are dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D