Monday 22 July 2024

#BlogLife726 -Naan fake kebab concocton

Song of the day - Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwscb3QIVSg

It's still not my day but soon it will be.. Just thought it would be a last good song of the day.

I knew there was something else I wanted to add but the blinding pain is consuming me currently.

Mama opened all her gifts, loved the essential oils and fudge..

And I was waiting for her to react to the sweet selection and I'm so surprised she loved the concept.

She had never heard of the fudge or chocolate coconut ice either, plus the salted caramel peanut brittle, all went down swimmingly, can't wait to share next week..

Assuming the lenses ever arrive and the other stuff, yeesh it's taking forever when the Posties are not showing up daily.

Anyway it's Saturday afternoon and I barely slept last night because of the awful humidity, thank heavens it's cooler today.

I started sleeping on top of the covers but I miss being tucked in so I put a light covering over me.

I just came up with a new foodie concoction. What shall I call it? A sweet and tarty naan?

I went off bread and rolls and wondered what else I could munch on that was simple and carby.

And I came up with a recipe, olives, garlic and coriander (cilantro) naan bread, onion and garlic dip and some Iceland sweet and salty chicken bites.

The chicken is still cooking and I keep munching the bread with the dip as it's glorious.

You could add cheese if you wanted but I don't have any and I'm not sure I would want to add it anyway, there are so many flavours going on.

Also I might add some Heinz sandwich spread, I think it's like liquified chunky coleslaw, also not that tangy a nice flavour.

It's something different as I have never liked buying the pitta breads, I found them so flavourless and boring.

Oh I just tried the chicken to see if it was cooked, yup 15 minutes was enough as they are tiny.

It is so good, as though it has a kiss, a light touch of sweetness and then a bit of saltiness and a lot of yumminess. 

My hand is not 100% but it's getting easier and easier to use it. There are still painful twinges, the swelling has mostly reduced but when I use it, it still hurts at times.

At least I can type now and not want to yelp. That's progress, although I'm still going to try and not do to many things.

It's now Monday afternoony. I called the Opticians to check on the progress and was hoping they would say, Yes it's on it's way to you..

Hah! Fat chance, she said, they haven't even received my lens still, ughhh.

A week my ass!! I'm not postponing the trip anymore, I leave tomorrow at 1pm.

But depending when they call and say it's arrived at their office, I might get them to post it to Mama's instead, we shall see..

The only good news is that the cab fare is cheaper than last year for some reason, still £25 but at least it's not higher.

I used to pay just under £20 for reference sake, probably the cheapest was £15 way back when..

I'm sorta packing lightly, and was looking for my sockies but I can only find one that is a full pair, where do they all escape too??

I'm constantly buying them, just saw a cute fluffy men's set and got that to be delivered to Mama's in a few days.

I've been buying men's socks from a teenager as the colours are darker and they are thicker and my feet are hurting at the moment, they like cushionyness outdoors and indoors, bareness.

I switched it up with the breakfast/lunch, couldn't find the croissants before, I had tucked them away so I got them out and paired it with the sweet and salty chicken and the onion and garlic dip.

It was sooo good. The rest of the dip will go to waste. I'm not packing any liquids, except face wash and moisturiser and maybe the mask.

The rest will be shoved into the freezer for when I return. Phew just remembered to top up my Oyster card.

I told one of the randoms TA to leave me alone and no longer message me.

He's been behaving like a tit now for a while, he will constantly just leave midway through a conversation or takes ages to respond and I don't like that, if they haven't said, Just to let you know, I'm multitasking at the moment, don't take it personally.

I didn't care to hear his response because I was at my breaking point and he wasn't a meaningful acquaintance, just somebody I sorta got on well with.

Suddenly he's full of words and responses but too lil too late. I'm not here for your games.

There was a few days break from MC/S but he texted me this morning as he's going on holiday soon and I'm away tomorrow.

To be honest, he's keeping me from getting too depressed. I'm just drained.

And its manifesting in my body, painwise and throatwise feels tender.

Anyway I hope to be a lot perkier on my return, look after yourselves :)

I make no promises at all, whether I will blog or not. You have a selection of 910 posts.

7 completed BookLife stories, 2 incompletes, 1 wattpad full story, 1 incomplete.

I know I know, too many unfinished, there's too much stress to enjoy composing.

Plus the hands are throbbing so that's a no go, for the moment.

Take care, enjoy your summer, probably back in 2 weeks or sooner...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D