Wednesday 31 July 2024

#BlogLife728 - You giving me lip, sweetie?

Normally I'll write a post on the night that I get here but I was too shattered, I even stopped replying to MC.

Slight panic when the cab driver got lost and I'm still unfamiliar so can't direct him, he just ignored my advice to stick to the high street and turned off.

Eventually he asked someone where Lidl was, as that's my landmark to Mama's place and then I spotted it.

But as with arriving he was hesitant to come right to the door, parked quite a few feet away which is perplexing, when carrying two heavy bags and a handbag to boot.

I think I figured out why I was charged less and I have to start adding that I have two bags, the handbag doesn't count.

They appear to tack on additional costs per bag and that's why the fare was cheaper than last year.

I have to start saying I have two hand luggage bags and my handbag and that's it!

They don't bloody help with the carrying and every car has a boot, so how they have the audacity to bill you that way, is ludicrous! 

Anyway arrived safely but I was really stiff and in quite a bit of pain until I borrowed mama's mat massager that I bought her.

It was glorious, slept deeply last night and I feel much brighter, with a shower and a scrambled egg toast with vegan butter.

That was delicious, I think Mama said it was the Flora brand. The good thing was that I remembered to pack almost everything.

I forgot the lip balm, so ended up ordered a few things, 2x lip balms for £2.50, Joy brand, raspberry flavoured.

Having tried that for a few days, I quite like how it retains the softness mostly, until I reapply it.

2x scrubs that I just use on my feet to keep them smooth in between pedicures.

Beauty Formula brand, cucumber and avocado scented and that cost £5.45 altogether, bargains galore wooop.

I'm still waiting for the Men's thick sockies, the lens cases, the lens and that's it.

Now onto the sweetie box review. The peanut brittle I expected to be nicer, it was ordinary, nothing special, Mama liked that it was less sweet than usual.

I don't recommend it. Next the chocolate ice, which was a layer of chocolate over the coconut ice, wow.

That is amazing, it was a really nice chocolate, and that coupled with the coconut made it just like a bounty, but nicer.

Highly recommend that one. These sweets I recommend having small pieces of and then putting it away for the next time.

Oh actually, that's all we've sampled. Neither of us are keen on salted caramel, so that peanut brittle might be given away.

The other one is the plain coconut ice. I'm not the biggest fan of coconut but once a year I don't mind it.

Sorry last one, the fudge coconut ice which as I don't like fudge gave that to Mama.

She said it was just ordinary, nothing organic or homemade, just store bought, so wouldn't recommend that either.

That's it really, everything arrived. I'm just waiting for a fancy breakfast. Ha.

I've never had eggs florentine before but it was the only place that did an egg muffin without pork.

It contains, eggs, spinach and hollandaise sauce, not sure I have sampled that sauce before.

I forgot to tell them to make the eggs well done. Argh and I forgot to order dessert. Darn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D