Thursday 29 August 2024

#BlogLife746 - Parissa wax on, wax off..?

I just tried the J20 apple and watermelon, it was lightly fizzy, not sweet or sour, just right.

But it seems like the two flavours cancel each other out, you either taste the apple solo or the watermelon, sounds tasty, but not the right blend.

750ml for £2.20 I guess isn't bad. The Crespo olives don't seem salted, on the bland side, but I prefer that than Ocado's over salted types, the rest are just loaded and I'm gonna have to rinse them free.

I knew there was one more review. I saved the best for last. Muller Light has this chocolate and mint yoghurt, I've never seen before for 81 calories.

That is amazing, sweet but not sickly, gloopy and the right amount of mint so it's not overpowered or stingy.

The price is ridiculous though, 4x £2.45 as they are soooo tiny. It's not good value at all.

But it tastes like the lolly mint feast and that was one of my favourites as a kid, back when I was consuming ice cream.

I just unpacked the shopping and took out the bins and looked at the post and saw that the Parissa brow wax strips had finally arrived.

Although now I am without contact lenses and only glasses, it makes it that much more potentially dangerous.

I've never done it before and I really want presentable brows, maybe I will do it in the mirror or the phone one, although that frequently just comes off, grr.

I will get some wet wipes to remove the wax and apply the oil too, apparently it's difficult to take off...

Alright I watched even more Youtube wax tutorials, psyched myself up and went for it.

The worst day I could have chosen as there wasn't much natural light, the phone camera was going jittery and not focusing.

I brought out a compact mirror but it didn't help as I couldn't really see how to place the strips.

I desperately need my contact lenses for this. Anyway I pulled out 4 and cut them into singles.

They are double sided, but not shaped like brows so a lot of the videos would cut them into arches.

The instructions didn't mention warming them up between your fingers but I did anyway.

I only did below the brows. I found it impossible to see, to align them, I needed to push my glasses down, but then I couldn't see, argh.

I did the best that I could, it was easy to press them down and pull them off.

No issues with that, it wasn't painful but the results were hit and miss.

It grabbed some hairs but half to a quarter were left behind, so I still need to pluck a fair bit.

Which defeats the purpose. I'm not sure the wax is strong enough.

After I pulled the strip, I repeated the process a few times and going over the same area, that is what brings the pain.

The left eye is fine, as I could see better to do it, the right eye, I felt like I couldn't see much.

I had to go over that a lot and so that is burning nearly 10 minutes later.

It's not bleeding, just red. The aftercare oil did not do a damn thing.

Normally at the salon, the aloe vera or whatever they use is pleasantly cooling, this is just ordinary.

I do see a lil more of a shape developing now but a lot of hair remained.

I'm not wasting anymore strips, when my brows calm down I can tweeze them a bit but they are too raw at the moment.

Ooh let me see if I can dig out the aloe vera, I think I have some..

Ahh I just applied it, now that feels so much more cool and refreshing, still stings but I know at least aloe vera is a friend that will help with the pain.

What aggravates me is some Youtubers try a product but have hardly any hair and give it glowing reviews, just for views or kickbacks.

I had a strong feeling it wouldn't be that easy and I was right. Granted it might be a different experience when I can see clearly but I have my doubts.

I don't think I would buy this brand again. I would experiment with others first, unless they were too exorbitant.

Oh I didn't have a problem with wax lingering and the strips were fairly easy to pull apart.

Next time I think I'll see if they have any with the arch shape as then you can use one strip, instead of two, or in my case multiples ha.

I admit I'm a novice brow waxing virgin. Ooh most of the stinging is gone but it still feels delicate.

If you're desperate for brow care, give strips a try but if you have a competent beautician, I would go to them first.

I just don't so stuck with this treatment for a while, until someone professional comes along.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D