Tuesday 13 August 2024

#BlogLife736 - Foundation - liquid or powder?

Afternoony all. Goodness it took me ages to get some energy to write this.

I just feel lifeless at the moment as though life in an oven is the norm now.

This is the UK, we're not supposed to have good weather, where are the rainstorms and thunder?

Anyway I realised that I'm down to my last foundation tube. I used to get them from Poundland but now that's gone.

I must have bought about 3 or 4, wow, they lasted ages. I only used a bit each time I guess.

Before that the only shade that suited me was from expensive Rimmel and now I just have to chance it online.

It's pure guess work and there are a thousand names for Brown from every different brand.

Way back when I was a teenager, the powder compact with the lil mirror was very popular but it just didn't seem to suit me.

Or maybe I was purchasing from a poor ineffective brand. The powder never seemed to blend in, it just sat on my face and felt heavy.

I don't think it looked natural unlike the liquid version, so that put me off.

But now we have come a long and I thought I would try it out again.

I saw Phoera, whoever that is selling a powder pot for £4, ouchy I bet it's a tiny thing.

It doesn't have a mirror or puff or spongy applicator with it and I chose the shade Tan.

Oh it's a matte finish. I had forgotten what matte and sheer mean, it's been so long.

From Googly woogly, here is the explanation. Sheer is lighter and tends not to cover scars and has the least pigments, whatever that means.

Matte on the other hand, is more suitable for my combination skin, as it controls shine and absorbs oil.

That was a happy accident. The Ocuz liquid foundation cost £3.05 including postage.

It doesn't seem to be oil free, I can't see the size and doesn't say if it's sheer or matte, only that it's waterproof.

I got the cinnamon shade. I'm not planning to go swimming in it or take a shower wearing it.

That's the least helpful bit of information. I feel I am in-between the scale, colour wise.

I'm not dark dark and not light light, ha. I remember once getting the wrong colours and having to blend them together.

One was too dark and the other too light. I don't even know if I have any brushes.

I could always use a tissue, I guess, that's what I use with the foundation.

It's simpler as no bacteria can collect. I was going back and forth as to whether or not to get a 3rd fan, which seems really over the top for this country.

But I finally ran one, during half the night and it was blissful, I was able to get into the covers, have a light breeze on my face and it was perfect.

But usually it would kill off the battery so I saw one on sale for £7.65 and they are normally twice that amount.

I only get the 5000mah battery as that's a guaranteed all day or all night. The brand is Pecco.

And it's a small 5 inch fan, probably only 3 blades but the option of 4 speeds is good, usually just three.

I think the more blades, the more power, but the other one with 5 blades was weaker, so bang goes that theory.

The two tops might come tomorrow as the tracking indicates they are near the end, soon to be handed over to the local courier, I think..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D