Tuesday 20 August 2024

#BlogLife740 - I am made up to see you :)

Truth be told that was a fibby. I'm excited to see you but I haven't tried out the makeup yet. 

It just came yesterday I assume, I checked the post today and was hoping it was the lenses..

But nopey just the Occuz foundation £3.05 with postage. which took a week to arrive, dang.

It's soo tiny. I can't see the size, it's like a big lippy tube, but small for a foundation and for that price.

I would have got 3 in Poundland, boo :( but still way cheaper than Rimmel.

It actually does look like my shade, thank heavens. Plus there is the regular size of the compact powder, which again appears to suit my complexion.

I didn't do my face today, I would have been late and there was a lot of traffic.

I'm not sure I can be bothered right now as I just got home and out of the blazing but peekaboo sun.

Ooh I did wear the new blue wrap top with a black slip under it. I felt way more secure doing that.

It looked really good actually, for a slim fit top. As I am plus sized and heavy set.

I feel really smart in it, as it feels silky and shiny and premium, compared to my usual budget-ish style.

I can't wait to wear the flashy red but at the moment, too much crampage and nausea.

The top itself come just past the waist but not quite over the hips, but the slip was pretty long.

It covered my derriere, woop. I think it's coming up to a year now, since I got my last eyebrow shape.

There's not really any professionals that seem to do it accurately around here.

I so miss my local beautician but it seems like she has gone for good.

I've been thinking about this for a while but it kinda freaks me out.

I am eventually going to get some pre cut eyebrow home wax strips to use, as I don't see any other solution to tidying my brows.

I was just watching some Youtube tutorials, they make it look so easy but I'm already struggling with my vision.

How long do you keep it on for? I read that you warm it up in your hands.

Maybe looking back on my salon ones, it only seemed to be left on for a few seconds.

If the strips are too long and I don't feel I can control the direction, maybe I will cut them in half.

It would be great to have some definition at long last. I actually miss her shaping them, she make me look stylish.

How am I going to achieve that? From a cursory glance Beauty Formula and Pretty brands don't seem to be popular.

Nad, Veet and Parissa seem like they have good reviews. Parissa is the most reasonable-ish price.

They sell them in huge batches, 32 strips for £6. Ouchy but 16 usages will stretch quite a while.

Apparently they can be stored for a long time too, that was my other concern.

Buying something that will expire shortly, is a waste of money. The other thing with the Parissa make, is that it's natural ingredients and it comes with the after care product..

Azulene oil which is antiseptic, similar to what I'm used too, which is the aloe vera.

I'm going to get it before I chicken out. Done and saw a bundle of two mini black powder puffs for £1.70 so got that also.

Right now that the sun is out, decided to try the foundation and powder.

The powder is so light, wow. I just had to press down a lil with the tissue and a lot came out.

It blended seamlessly onto my face, I don't feel it all. My face just feels smooth.

I don't think it's my exact shade. I can't tell, I even used the phone camera and I'm still confused as to whether it is too light or dark.

But I have a feeling, it's as though it's colour corrected itself, as after a few seconds or a minute.

I look evenly toned and as though I'm not wearing makeup. The same goes for the foundation.

It didn't appear to be my natural colour. I have this inkling that if I got a shade lighter or darker in both, it would not have looked this good.

They have both just blended into my face so well that I feel naked and I'm not rushing to remove it.

I don't feel the normal suffocation that I usually feel. I recommend them both for the high quality.

This is how it's supposed to feel so your pores aren't clogged up and combination skin can breathe!

I would probably use both of them together. My face when perspiring tends to get really shiny, maybe this will help?

Full disclaimer, I only put on a light layer for them both. The real test is when I'm going out, I will put a lot more on.

Oh oh oh last thing. The Occuz foundation, has a perfume scent that is just amazing.

I have never experienced that before. I wish they did a bigger tube, but that's an added bonus, if you forget to put perfume on, like I did today.

I just put some moisturiser on and washed off the makeup. It was easy. I even went over my face with a wet wipe and practically all traces were removed.

Normally I find a lot still lingers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D