Monday 23 September 2024

#BlogLife5759 - EDF's prolonged gobbledygook!

Ugh I've been on hold all morning with the phone cutting in and out, trying to find out if I need the Gas meter changed into a smart one.

Silly me, I thought I would get a straight answer. Nope!! Here's what EDF had to say.......

Yes we replaced your gas meter last year, no it wasn't the smart type, but it wasn't replaced with a new meter either.

So it can go bad anytime and your best bet is to get a smart meter that is designed better....

Hang on, you replaced an expired meter with an almost expired meter?

WTF is wrong with you???? What the hell is the point in doing that??

Just to force me into a smart one? Nope not going to work, I'm keeping it as it is, unless you send another threatening letter, saying I have no choice but to change it.

Then again, a whole other level of double talk, if it does need to be replaced, it probably would be with a smart meter, but if you didn't want that, I guess we don't have to do it.

Holy moly!!! I asked him to desist with these letters saying I legally have to change over, when it turns out, I do not!!

And he said for some reason you're getting Business address letters and I thought he would say, well I'll cancel them but he said, you gotta call this number and they sort it out call those people and ughhhhhh.

I just wanted to know simply, do I have a choice with the meters or not and turns out I do. End of story!

The line was really bad so I removed my bluetooth earbuds and it was still cutting out.

I thought there was an easy way to switch back to 3g because at the top it says Volte and that's the 4g symbol right?

But I can't find any settings to change it. Googly woogly is not helping, it's listing steps that aren't there.

After doing a bit of research I realised OnePlus is phasing out or probably already has gotten rid of 3g, argh, why??

Some of us aren't in good coverage areas, 3g was lovely and simple to use and had reasonable good service, we could be heard and could send and receive texts easily without it failing.

Now people on the other end of the call are really struggling to hear me, with or without the earbuds and that's really bad.

I'm trying out Wifi calling, to see if that's any better as it's supposed to be free.

When I get my upgrade call next Tuesday, I will ask her if EE, still does 3g phones.

Ooh I might have to buy another memory card, hmm I guess I will see..

There's been no sign of Postie with my lenses all weekend and even today, nothing.

Boo, I thought they would have arrived by now. At least tomorrow I'll hopefully get the phone upgrade call and she can offer me a good deal.

Otherwise I'll be stuck, EE/BT seem to be the best network for me.

I'll probably go back to Samsung. Oh over the weekend on Youtube I was watching this incredible sand art and I always wanted to know how the Baristas did the coffee art.

They make it look so simple, but it's talent and steady hands. It was very relaxing watching these creativities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D