Friday 12 November 2021

#BlogLife164 - Daily routine process

How are you all feeling today? It's terrible but sometimes I forget to check in and just scramble to get my thoughts down before they evaporate?

Me? Thanks for asking I'm emotionally good, physically a bit achey in the hands, neck and shoulders. Winter is not my bodies friend.

Here is how my day usually goes, for anybody that may wonder..

I wake up ridiculously early having about 5/6 hours of sleep. More than that on a good day. I check in with myself before I open my eyes.

How do I feel? Am I in really bad pain? Do I need additional rest? Do I feel alright getting up at this time?

I know that as soon as my eyes pop open and I check the time that I most probably won't be able to return to slumber.

Then if it's after 9am or I feel rested I wake up properly. I reach for my glasses and head to the bathroom to freshen up. 

I don't typically use my face brush in the mornings or even daily. I'm not sure how others use theirs but I don't feel I need too.

My face and skin are pretty good for my age. I stick to a face wash with my hands and that's it.

Hmm honestly I just missed a step. If I want to be transparent, after I reach for my phone and check the time...

I check in with Looney Tunes and collect the rewards ha. Guilty I am obsessed with the game as evident on my twitter account.

Then I see if there are any new penpal email requests, which has not been going well. I don't understand how you can reply to an advert that specifically is not tailored to you?!

I had to make it a bit long to include important stuff and you assume people would scan the relevant bits. Aka what I am looking for...

But nooooo all these random people email, well a few and say.....They don't even put I'm sorry I'm not quite what you are looking for......

Just hey it's me.......Zzzzzz

Moving on with a smile :) I check the blog and see if there were any new hits overnight. Usually there are a few, not always for the latest posts but welcome all the same :)

Then I put my contact lenses on and load up asmr on Youtube in the background. Either I have already written the day's post and just ready to publish it and add the link on twitter....

Or I need to finish it off or like today. I had nothing in mind and just randomly this popped into my head and I thought okay, we'll see if this is piquing anyone's interest today :D

I usually work for a bit and then grab food but today I was more peckish so I made cheese toasties and had it with vimto. 

(My childhood favourite drink). There is just something crisp and flavourful about blackcurrant and berries in general. Lush and refreshing.

Usually while I munch I just put something on. There was no new episodes so I just played an old episode of Hey Arnold. The one wear Grandpa is supposedly croaking.

It kinda struck me how Arnold's grandparents marriage lasted so long. They don't seriously nitpick each other. It's just teasing and a lot of indulgence.

If one or the other is going through something, they let them go with their mood, not try to fix or change it. It just struck me how admirable that is.

Most people just try and help help help but all we need is an active presence just saying I'm around for you, no pressure to talk or be happy, just bear it in mind..... I'm nearby.

Then I'll load up the volunteer thing and see if anyone is in need or any subjects call me. I try to mix up the themes and if I see a familiar name I just won't click on it.

I am not going to be your crutch and I know that whatever I have said has given you the tools to start making a difference. 

One thing that really annoys me is a member not listening at all. If I click on the knowing name and they repeat the whole thing.......

Like I have heard before a dozen times with other members, which is why I don't do it. It's tough to keep my temper in check.

I'll do it but I'll be brash and that person should have someone with a fresh take who has more time and patience.

There are also a fair few people that don't respond and then some time later will try for another chat. 

I used to accept, only for them to not respond once again which is rude and a waste of my time, so if they don't make themselves available the first time around, then their loss.

I don't have endless sympathy and understanding to loiter for a possible response.

My time is the same as yours, valuable. Depending on how that has gone....

Some are good, some terrible. I might need to unwind a bit and listen to music or game for a while and then I'll get started on a new post or the next book chapter.

Today's chat took an hour and I don' usually spend that long. Twenty minutes is supposed to be the norm. Very few are short.

The rough time scale is probably half an hour. I felt like this person needed to talk, more than most, so I allocated more to them.

I have no idea what to write for next week and I am still working on this foodie story but I can't work out if I should make him a good or bad guy.

I have the title ready. It's cute. Usually the time that I stop focusing on what to create, my brain taps me and say ahem...

What about this......? Or this? You could explore that? Have you forgotten about......?

The point is, if you are devoid of inspiration, don't force it, don't put pressure, relax and it will come, I promise :)

Then fast forward to the evening where my eyes are closing but it's too premature for sleep and I'll struggle.

Then when it is bedtime, I'll be wired that's why I can chat for a bit because my brain gets an invisible caffeine boost and I'm hyper.

I guess I am still trying to avoid going to sleep. My dreams are truly all to real and scary. It doesn't feel imaginary, there are details and images that have no place being there.

Then I'll wash my face again. I generally just use the face brush and mask only at the weekends because I want to get the most out of it, like a treat.

It's only if I am having a nasty breakout will I do both mask and brush to clear my face a bit. I still won't leave it on for long. 

Just a minute or so for both of them. I tend to just forget if I leave in on longer and then wonder why my face feels weird haha :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D