Monday 5 September 2022

#BlogLife346 - Yo chef?!

 When I used to shop at Tesco during Christmas they had speciality party food platters and those were always interesting.

It seemed to be only this time that chicken lovers were catered for, otherwise it was standard, pork, prawn or veggy stuff.

I spotted a turkey sausage roll once which was actually amazing considering I hate turkey.

But my favourites grew to be these chicken dumplings, pyramids and spring rolls with a delicious soy sauce dip accompanying them.

Now that I've switched over to Iceland as they actually deliver my groceries, I've spotted Yo Sushi branded products on offer.

I've never seen them before and not tried them. As with tesco, these are pre-cooked and then frozen.

I normally cook them a bit, rather than just heating up. I'll see if 6 minutes on high is enough.

The instructions were really hard to read, bright yellow pretty packaging and white font, do not mix.

The gyoza dumplings had about 12 for £3.50 and the chicken bao buns had about 8 for £3.50 but there was a 3 for £10 offer so I picked up some wings too.

I've never before tried the buns and there isn't any dip included sadly but there is way more than I thought included, it is better value for money.

I also don't know if it's chicken and vegetable all in one or some are veggy and some are chicken.

It really isn't clear at all!! They look done after 6 minutes but I did them an extra minute or so just in case.

They smell delicious and are boiling hot so I can't eat them for a few minutes. I just wanted a snack as I'm not too hungry.

I expected to hate the buns but they are really good, everything is a bit salty but I recommend the buns.

The gyoza tastes all veggy with the tiniest hint of chicken which I expected to be the other way around and it isn't seasoned nicely.

They are okay but I wouldn't buy them again. It's just not good enough.

The buns had a slight flavour of bbq sauce which was all it needed and were enjoyable. I think they were just chicken, without any veggies, which I was relieved about.

I also tried the juicy chews which were no different to the regular Fruitella sweets, they just seemed a bit bigger and tougher to chew.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D