Tuesday 6 September 2022

#BlogLife347 - Wake me when you get here..

I just got home from town and am resting up. I'm so glad it was all open again. I didn't have to do any trekking today which was great as I have no zest to do it.

I was going to pop into my favourite store and get the olive crackers but actually I didn't fancy it so instead tried a different version of the Balconi mini cakes.

This was one looks more dark chocolate (honestly I can't tell if it's milk or dark) with apricot jam and priced at £2. I'm 50/50 on whether I will like it or not but I fancied something newish.

There were absolutely none of those alcoholic cake bundles about, I wonder if they are seasonal..

I also thought I would try what seems like a knock off a Ferrero Kinder snack.

The brand is Happy Time and it says hazelnut. It looks like a chocolate wafer with a cream filling, please don't be white chocolate.....Ickity.

I'll try and add some pics on twitter. This is a picture free blog as they probably are not the greatest quality and I don't want to spend ages on placement and have it slowing down loading times.

I'll stick them in the fridge as I have no appetite for them. Fighting slight nausea as usual.

My Gregg's order should be here soon. Then perhaps a snooze..

I'm still getting used to the short hairdo. It actually good from the back as though I curled it upwards, the front just looks like a hot mess though haha.

Hence why I always have to clip it up. This time I left two strands out at the sides to soften it a bit. I think I pulled it off.

Alright as I was trying to take some clear pics. I'm sorry I have really bad eyes, I can't tell good from poor, honestly.

The chocolate was melting. It smelled so delicious I had to sample a bit.

Ok the hazelnut Happy Time bars, which I didn't even know if they were cakes or solid bars are amazing.

I don't even like wafers but ever since I tried a Ferrero I was hooked. Inside contrary to the picture was milk chocolate... and it was brown not white.

I'm relieved but it's misleading for other people that adore white chocolate. At £1.29 I'll compare it to Iceland Bueno milk and hazelnuts which is £1.50 for 3 bars.

My one you get 5 bars which seems better I've never tried the Kinder version but I highly recommend the knock off.

The balconi cakes reek sensationally of alcohol, honestly I am not sure if they contain it, these things are in mixed languages and I struggle to read the packet.

I'm really surprised they are not individually wrapped like the others. It's just one lump, which is disappointing.

I find when it's a single packet, I can just take that or another and be satisfied, when it's a whole bunch I am less restrained.

As I just uploaded the Gregg's pizza slice, it was £2.50 for quite a generous size, I thought I would mention it here.

I didn't expect to like it to be honest. Pizza places are for pizza. However it was seasoned, fresh, not burnt and just a joy to sample.

It wasn't really crunchy but nor was it soggy. I like it in the middle.

I am not into too much spice so I picked off the jalepenos it still leaves behind a tiny kick, which is bearable.

I'm just gutted that I don't have much of an appetite and it's 12.30pmish.

I was up at 7amish, you would think I would be famished. I had a fruitella juicy chew but honestly that made me more nauseated, not less.

Then I tried the hazelnut bar and had one bite of the pizza and I just can't face anything else.

I'm probably bloated. It goes in phases, monster appetite, no appetite and then chocolate cravings ha!!

At least I have munchies when I don't feel like a meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D