Thursday 15 September 2022

#BlogLife354 - Mindy - She was a project

I was debating whether to talk about this or not but while I am searching for something new to watch. I might as well go with the classic Mindy Project.

At least I know I enjoy that, well the first couple of seasons anyway and the original cast aside from Beverly. Sorry I never got the appeal of her.

Nor was I that keen on the additions of Tamra, Brendan, Jody, Collette or Duncan.

Betsy, Gwen, Shulman and Shauna were enough for me. Peter eventually grew on me. I also loved Danny's mama, hilarious.

If the rumours were true and there were budget cuts but then no budget worries suddenly, why couldn't they have returned?

Maybe they didn't want too. A diminishing role isn't fun when other places give you more.

Anyway I was just thinking that she really was naturally beautiful before all the "enhancements" were done.

It's a shame actors and actresses are so insecure that they let advisors get into their head and have surgery essentially making them look bad, when they were perfectly stunning beforehand.

It seems like Danny always had a thing for Mindy right at the start but the other side of it was, he was highly competitive and genuinely delighted in her misfortune.

I hated Josh even before he cheated. You could tell he screamed of insecurities.

He always had to mention money, which was intended to impress but is offputting.

Plus a man saying, he'll take some other girl out, if you don't see him that night, is controlling and manipulative. Ick warning.

But she was so desperate to have any guy in her life, especially a fair skinned one that she ignored these glaring signs to avoid him.

If it were me, I'd be like.......Take her instead, I have much better things to do, like dating someone mature, that isn't into games and can actually commit.

It was about season 3/4 where I began to dislike her character.  Trying to trap Danny into marriage, when she knew he wanted different things from her.

Aka a stepford wife, to cook, clean and produce endless children.. Just felt like she lost her balls!

Towards the endish of the Mindy/Danny saga, when they knew he was leaving and totally wanted to vilify him to cushion the blow.

I couldn't get over how much of a manipulator he turned into and she just turned from sassy to this meek woman. Ugh it was hard to watch because even though Danny's character turned evil I couldn't quite hate him.

I disliked him but when he left, the episodes just could not feel complete without his presence.

I was so relieved when he returned. It gave us all closure.

One last thing before I go. When she started casually hooking up with Brendan, did you notice something?

Their first "date" he didn't dress up at all. He was in casual sweats, where she did the full makeup, hair and a pretty dress.

That happened to me so much throughout my history. Guys could not be bothered to make even the smallest effort.

I mean damn, put on a shirt, doesn't have to be the fanciest of trousers but could you at least look as though you put some thought into how you present yourself??

Impress me a lil yeesh!! If the second date was the same. I walked out in no makeup and smart casual dress too.

They were always shocked....Like umm, what happened to the dresses, the makeup, the hair....

I always said the same thing, if you don't look good for me, I won't either, especially when you're not wining and dining me either!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D