Monday 19 September 2022

#BlogLife356 - A faceful of spice

It's that time again, reviewing yet another face wash. My other one just finished and now I have moved on to Ayumi sandalwood and ylang ylang.

I can't recall what the price was, I'll have to look it up. Oh okay it was £2 which is pretty decent and the size is 150ml.

That is the typical size I go for and lasts roughly a month. I just tried it with and without the face brush.

The first time it didn't foam and seem to just disappear into the bristles which was annoying.

It's clear, thick and gloopy. I prefer when it's in a fun shade, just looks prettier to use.

My forehead, chin and sides of my nose has some dry patches so it didn't absorb all over my face that well.

My cheeks do feel quite soft and my skin is glowing. It did wash off properly but if you don't mix it with water and apply it straight, it does take some time to remove it.

The fragrance smells like a slightly sweetened spice. It's not overpowering or that unpleasant but I can't say it's the best either.

It's more mild and lingers ever so slightly. I would have thought they would have added a pinch of sandalwood and then have the majority ylang ylang as I can't smell the latter at all.

It would have been better to have a sweet scent. It's not a dealbreaker yet.

I'll have to see if it performs better over time. I've found that it didn't foam up in the beginning but later on do for some strange reason.

I did soak the brush head and applied a liberal amount. I'm just not sure why it didn't mix well.

I really didn't feel like wasting a whole load of product either, that's why when the brush was dry, I just applied it directly to my face.

On my second round with the face brush it eventually lathered and I didn't spin it for too long.

After touching my face, it all coated that much better and there was only 1 lil dry patch on my cheek.

My skin doesn't feel heavy or stripped, just moisturised and even in the morning, it felt smooth.

I'm not really sure if I would buy it again. It struggles to much to hydrate my whole face and I prefer something sweet smelling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D