Tuesday 27 September 2022

#BlogLife361 - Chatty chicks watching flicks 3

Am I getting to be an expert in holding back the tears? Maybe as this is the second time I've been able to do it and I could feel it wanted to burst out after the ordeal with the stairs.

I've just finished a late lunch/early dinner as it's 4pmish and I couldn't face food prior as I was feeling sicky as usual.

Yeesh it's like having pms/pmt 24-7. Anyway this this time I remembered to get a drink, the body craved fizzy so fanta is was.

The original. I prefer that and some sandwiches, pasta, berries and sticky toffee pudding but I don't fancy the desserts so they are up for grabs on the table over there..

I know that I have to get up, take the bin out and put the rest of the food in the fridge but I can't face it yet.

Laying sprawled out feels too good. I did have a breakthrough yesterday for the story I'm working on, I want these to be my own creations not the same as everyone else's.

I just have to type it up. I'm halfway through The Mirror Has Two Faces with Barbra Streisand and it's such a great film for comedy and romance.

Gentle, old fashioned type, which is why I've seen it a million times and haven't got bored of it.

There is a bit of bad language which was unnecessary but meh, it happens.

I've just sorta realised that for somebody that didn't wanna be judged on her own looks and wanted someone to see her truth she herself was shallow.

She had a decent guy pursuing her but kept standing him up instead of giving him one chance and then deciding, well I've made a decision based on our date..

Jeff Bridges is better looking but then he got caught on the superficiality of looks until he realised that they weren't his type intellectually.

He wrongfully guessed that he couldn't have romance and attraction but one or the other.

The problem was Rose was already deeply attracted to him and frustrated he wasn't physically attentive, just emotionally.

Then queue the misunderstandings that resulted afterwards..I I think he was pleased with her looks though, it just didn't overpower him, at first.

As they got closer and shared their common interests, it developed slowly and he fought it all the way, quite insultingly to any woman.

The fact that she had to ask for sex, still makes me choke with laughter!!

Men are visual creatures, wear something figure hugging, lean over them, look adoringly at them, bite your lip, flick your hear, stroke your neck, damn woman, seduce him lol.

I mean, could you do that? Pretend you were a spinster and gave up on all hope of finding someone.

Your confidence was knocked. You didn't feel desirable but you knew inside you had brains and substance, humour and were good company, men just couldn't see it.

Someone out of the blue, comes along and says let's have a sexless marriage but aside from the physical, we'll talk properly, we'll date, we'll build a life together....

We'll commit. What would you do?? Would you be tempted??

I don't know how I'd feel, my initial reaction would be a refusal. 

No hugs, no kisses, no snuggling??!! The big thing is that they aren't attracted to me, that would cut my ego to shreds.

I would feel like a stand in, until he strayed and found someone he actually did fancy.

But on the other hand, you'd have a friend by your side, sharing your struggles and good news.

Supporting you, celebrating with you and sharing giggles.

"I don't care if you are pretty, I love you anyway!"

Kinda makes you laugh and cry at the same time but I love that quote from the movie.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D