Wednesday 7 September 2022

#BlogLife348 - Heavy handed beauty

I feel like I have just done the last of my beauty treatments, although I do have to epilate my legs still and probably pluck the brows a bit more also.

Plus if I am completely honestly, take care of my fuzzy top lip but that's just between you an moi and no-one else. Shhh.

Friday while I was enjoying a gentle massage with the trusty face brush, I overdid it and it ended up dripping into my eyes.

I thought I had caught it all but nope, the stinging burning bloodshot eyes told a different story, ouchy ouch ouch.

I flushed my eyes with water and then doused them in eye drops but it took a few hours for them to stop watering and hurting.

I'm happy to say they look and feel normal again but it was made that much worse by wearing lenses that I couldn't take out, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see or read.

I ended up keeping them in and wincing but at least I could function.

Oh by the way my ears have healed up, no more swelling or rashes. If I had aloe vera  I would have applied it. 

I just left them alone and tried to keep it as clean as possible. It's not easy when it's extra itchy.

Even though I recently trimmed my hair, I thought I would level it up today.

It felt satisfying cutting a further inch and a half/two off and by the time I did the whole area..

It was the shortest I've ever had it. Above my neckline. I didn't want it that high up but my hair grows fairly quickly and I can always clip it up and curl it.

I'm not too fussed. It felt really healthy snipping those ends off. It's just a shame it barely fits into a ponytail now.

I'll have to get creative with it, forcing me to spend more time, I guess that isn't a bad thing.

Lastly I gave myself a pedicure as I'm having a professional one done with an eyebrow shape.

I just wanted to look semi presentable. At least after my crazy cuts, I don't feel sad about wasting the money on a terrible cut and I feel more confident that it has bounce and texture, plus finesse.

I loved the shampooing scalp massage but after every cut they put tons of oil into my hair so it laid flat and stuck to my face.

You would think they would gaige it, to the person's hair needs but no they doused my hair every time and made it look soo thin and boring.

When I'm at home and I'm fixing my hair, I tend to shake it and that gives it instant lift.

As much as I hated the decision to go short as it was see through and stringy, I'm realising I can play about with it more, when it was longer, it didn't really do anything.

As strange as it is with my chubby round face.. I genuinely think my hair looks better now. 

It feels lighter and I look more fashionable. I always felt like I was missing out on an edgier cut.

I've tried so many incompetent rude stylists before. You'd think not having the skills to please their customers would make them humble but noooope, false promises all the way.

Yep yep I can make you look like that picture. Me naively believing it and afterwards....

It looks not even a fraction alike. Useless!! There was enough hair to play with.

I guess I worry less because it's already thinning, my scalp is visible and  most of the family is the same way.

All I can do is try to keep it in my own chic unique style and remind myself that if you look at glamorous models, you can plainly see their scalp and thinning hair too.

The difference with them is volumisers and back combing and hair pieces, which is not my thing at all.

I want to be natural and work with the lil hair I have and make it jazzy and cute.

It always bugged me that hairdressers were quick to incessantly harp on that my hair wasn't thick, yet they did nothing at all to give it any body so instead of feeling perky when I left, I felt worse each time.

Going to them just mean't cutting my dead hair. I couldn't seem to do it myself so I relied on them until I christened myself a stylist and suddenly enjoyed getting it trimmed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D