Sunday 29 October 2023

#BlogLie583 - Have you ever encountered a boxed conversationalist?

Song of the day - Gabrielle - I Wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRiSubpWI8&list=PL_S79tzxwHpOjlynfkGbkx-UC99ltSAXW&index=57

It's late Friday afternoony and it's quite dark already, it's been raining for most of the day and I have felt lousy.

Normally I love when there is an abundance of stormy weather but I had a late night and didn't sleep well.

I spent the morning looking for my lens case, with my contacts enclosed in them, then I found them and my eyes stung because I thought I had rinsed off the cleaner but nope.

That burned for a good five minutes. Anyway I have since recovered well enough to see clearly.

And yesterday one of the regular randoms decided to migrate from chat to emails/phone.

And he had been really chatty, full sentences, very engaging and no text speak.

It seemed like a natural transition and then this morning I got his first email....

With the sum amount of five words. Ugh, he was one of those people.

You know the sort, that think once they have you away from rivals, ceases to make the effort.

His whole personality seemed to change before my eyes. Prior to this, he seemed caring and decent.

Then I tested the waters and said I was having a frustrating day and there was nothing, no response but his own agenda.

Whereas if I had said that on chat, he would have been full of sympathy or at least said something comforting, to acknowledge it.

I'm not saying he should make it all about me or be overly concerned but the reason we got on well was that it was mutual.

We had an equal back and forth discussing the days events and issues.

I have a feeling he would be the same on text, just irritatingly short, few worded messages that I would tire of very quickly.

That incessant beep beep and nothing of quality to be excited about.

Not every talk has to be deep and meaningful but I would like something of substance, rather than feeling someone is filling in time or distracting themselves, instead of making the effort to be interesting.

This one's name is C and he purposely held back his number and email, the email alright he sent me one today.

And funny for me, I have started enforcing this rule, which I can't remember if I've shared before.

Some guys are keen to have my contact details but I feel they are cowardly to actually use it.

So I've now started putting a stipulation that they have a week to use it, otherwise their number gets blocked, when they do.

Or I tell them to delete it and not bother because it can be months and then a random text will appear...

Heyyyy it's me..... (Never any name) and something like Wanna chat?

I still have a guy from 2017 that keeps asking if I want to continue emailing....

Yeesh!

My point is, why do they only appear to be full of life on one application and not another?

It's just peculiar to me as he was so shocked and happy when I shared my information.

Why would you then stop making the effort? Unless he's having a bad/rough day himself but then, wouldn't he have shared that?

We shall see, if he keeps this up, he won't last long. 

It's just such a contradiction from him profusely apologising that he missed one of our chat dates because of technical difficulties.

I wasn't actually mad, just disappointed and then he goes to this....... Selfishy behaviour.... Hmm.

At least I feel fully decompressed. I had a lovely hot shower/bath and gave myself a scalp massage as I usually do.

And now I am full of the scent of essential oils and horse chestnut.

Thoroughly moisturised and pampered. I still have to do the face mask tonight and my forehead continues to be drying out.

It seems like the Derma V10 from Lidl is not effective as a really deep moisturiser.

I wonder if Mama's one is better for excessive dryness? I'm tempted to switch to the Neutrogena but I'm saving that for travelling.

It's less bulky. I guess if it progresses to a worse state, I will definitely switch.

Ooh I must say after using the mud mask, I have to look up the name Eclat.

Wow, I have been using it for three months and it's only a 60ml tube.

To be honest, I only need a lil bit and it covers my whole face and neck.

I'm not so much into brands but rather something different, which has multiple benefits and that I have never used before.

My forehead has transformed from this dry, peely state back into bring soft and hydrated.

I'm pleased about that. For some reason I thought it was more expensive than £3.50.

I probably got a discount. I usually do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D