Monday 16 October 2023

#BlogLife575 - Chatty chicks watching flicks 7 *My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3*

I still haven't found a new television show to get hooked on but as I was browsing I saw that My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 had been released.

And even though I was starting to get tired I decided to watch some of it and then eventually the whole thing.

Ian Gomez, John Corbett's parents, Michael Constantine were all absent. The latter was because he passed away.

For a second I wondered if there was a new actress playing Paris' role but nope.

This was a more cuter, sweeter, less comedic film, although there were still amusing bits scattered throughout it.

I'm glad that the majority of the cast returned.

I'm a bit annoyed Iceland is having issues so I can't place an order, I had to use Ocado instead but it did remind me that I needed things that Iceland doesn't have so maybe it's a good thing.

Anyway the film was a tribute to Gus and his roots and going back to Greece for a reunion and so that Toula could bring his journal to his friends as a keepsake.

Maria his wife was only seen in short intervals, maybe the actress is poorly, I'm not sure, but she was missed for the majority of the film.

A few things bugged me about it. Ian the hubby, kept receiving welcoming gifts and although he learned Greek, seem to have forgotten so instead of saying thank you, he kept bowing.

Ugh, just express gratitude!!

Secondly the women were swimming in the lake and then I think it was Nick is seen at the waterfront, naked cupping his privates...

Ummm ewww. Why?? That's around your family, your niece, your Aunts. Why would you strip naked??

Gross! The actual wedding, was not who I thought. I assumed it would have been Paris getting hitched, even though she is really young but it wasn't.

What a morning. I had to do an Ocado shop in the end as Iceland website was acting up.

I was looking forward to all the goodies arriving and then when I check my emails. Cancelled grr!!

I had to do a same day delivery instead from Iceland which cost £4 instead of free delivery.

Ugh annoying, I know it's only £4 but it should have been free and I can't be bothered to deal with customer services about it.

At least I slept in a lil bit, until 10amish, instead of getting up at 7am, in case the shopping came early.

I decided to reply to D, Thursday night I think it was. I couldn't sleep and it felt normal to get back to him, as it was about 2 weeks that had passed.

He kept me waiting that long, so I did the same. I wasn't sure if he was fading me out but I thought if it happens, it happens.

I was really surprised to get a response from him so soon, this morning (Saturday).

Well technically it was Friday night but I didn't check my email then.

I was laughing reading it because he didn't see the connection with the timing at all.

He was just disgusted/disappointed/sorrowful that it took me 15 days to reply.

I had to point out that it was the same time as his prior response and that two weeks waiting time is cruel. Haha!!

It amuses me that some men don't realise their own behaviour until it's done to them and suddenly their eyes are open to it.

Every now and then the penpal requests still strickle in, some are spam, well most are.

A few are genuine but with no personal details provided. I need age, location is less important, although if there is a language barrier..

I am not open to that all, seems more a hindrance! Gender is important also, just for a sense of, do I have to be careful about what I say and how it is interpreted??

Most come off as romantic, even though they all say the same thing.

We loved your advert. Ahem, did you actually read it? I'm sure one of the many amendments was, I was after platonic friendships, not lovely dovey declarations!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D