Wednesday 4 October 2023

#BlogLife569 - 3 hours to fit a door?

Song of the day - Pepper Pepper - Drupatee 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeMbZRnUkw&list=PLC743C3F57E46E499&index=34

This is Christmas song but it makes me laugh. I've probably posted it before but I don't care.

It always makes me laugh and feelgood and playing the Christmas list helped me unwind today.

I was caught on the hop. The maintenance people were due at 8-12pm but I didn't think they would get here this early at 9am.

I was up since 7amish though, with an uneasy sleep. I got up at 8am and just tidied up a bit more and then I heard the softest knock on the door.

They had arrived and just told me to leave the door on the latch and that it would take three hours??

Yeesh I thought maybe half an hour at the most. What is it that takes so long?

(It's the constant chitchatting, phone calls and whatever else, that increases the time). Zzzz

I asked him about the keys to a blank response and then I repeated myself because I didn't want to get locked inside my own flipping home.

Then he said Aww yes, we will give you several keys when we have concluded our business.

That was a relief because that was the only thing stressing me out, aside from strangers roaming around and the door being wide open.

I've got music on to calm me down. I didn't get a chance to load my room up with snacks or a drink and I never feel like going past them.

But I sipped some plain and lemon water earlier and I'm not hungry yet so I think I'll manage until after they are done.

This is my last appointment for a while so I'm relieved. I can relax after they have left.

I know that my stomach definitely gets extra agitated from stress.

I'm trying to keep even-keeled. There's not been any cramps and minimal nausea so that isn't bad for this horrible week.

I think if it had been a short job, I would have been tempted to supervise but for this, nope.

I feel nauseated and weary about them bursting in my room to ask me something.

That hasn't happened yet. It's like they are too impatient to wait and just barge in. Ughh.

I'm not going to clock-watch. It sucks to have the music low but I don't want to be oblivious, in case they call me.

I can hear several voices which is elevating my anxiety. I wonder if they will clean up after themselves?

I guess I should be grateful that I'm the first on their rota. How is it only 9.40am??

Yay two and a half hours later they were done!! Thank heavens and to be fair they did clean up afterwards.

They called out but didn't go near my room and waited because I couldn't lower the volume and had to take my earbuds out lol.

The new door isn't as ugly as I thought but neither is it pretty. It's just a medium dullish silver.

They remembered to put the number on, woop and a letter box thingy. I've never had that before.

It's always funny when they are explaining things to me because it always sounds confusing.

You lock it but it's not really locked, it's magnetic and so forth. What makes it easier is just having one lock now for everything.

I don't know about you but I don't double lock when I'm indoors. Mama does but I don't.

Ohh I think the latch is gone and maybe the peep-hole I didn't notice them.

No deadbolt but there is a twisty lock, so I just use that instead ha.

It's something I'll have to get used to when I'm rushing out the door.

Ooh something I forgot to mention before. I actually saw the scarce Christmas radox bath soak.

I don't find it often so I just bought one to use because it's my favourite one.

I guess the one thing about being early is that everything get's done faster.

I didn't nap although I was yawning a fair bit and now I will munch and think about the stories....

More importantly working on them..... Ish......After a few scrabble/looney tunes/fishdom rounds :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D