Friday 5 January 2024

#BlogLife620 - Don't take on everyone's stress

Song of the day - Kenrock & Amrita - Carry Me Away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WneC4vGvCSw&list=WL&index=35

I'm not saying ignore someone that is troubled and experiencing difficulties..

I mean, empathise, listen, support and offer advice if they ask for it..

But don't let it drown your mood completely.

I'm sure you have problems of your own that need to be addressed right?

Tasks that you need to focus on, without being infected with someone else's angry, sad or frustrated mood.

It probably sounds selfish and uncaring but I've learned to detach and not become infected with their unhappiness because we all face challenges and overcome them eventually. 

Prior to this when I cared too much, it became all about them and solving their issues instead of working on my own and continuing to be productive. 

Don't you find it becomes draining? I bring this up because somebody mentions a mutual acquaintance.

The recurring theme is that the third party is struggling but hasn't divulged that to me because we don't have that type of relationship..

But I hear about it, in vague terms, not gossip just in a round about manner.

But I've stopped acknowledging it because it doesn't seem for my ears.

Plus there's nothing I can do about it and at some point one must help oneself.

Nobody is a Superhero than can endlessly listen and not become depressed themselves.

That's just my take on it, your opinion maybe different and even if I don't agree I respect it.

Me and Mama are still muddling through, she was sick today unfortunately but seems better now.

I advised her to lie down for a bit and sip liquids slowly but she had a lot to do and will hopefully get a good rest tonight that will aid her recovery.

t's 12.43am and I don't feel tired but that's nothing new. My stomach still continues rejecting mealtimes. 

The sum total of breakfast/lunch was an egg sandwich. I don't even fancy fizzy drinks anymore grr.

Just orange juice. Then dinner, if you can call it that, was a mix of a few plain poppadoms, some bombay mix, a packet of crisps and two miniature snickers.

Again no hunger pangs, just trying to keep my tum tum satisfied so it's not empty.

When this bloated feeling goes down, perhaps I will return to normal?

When I'm back home next week, no more weekend posts and back to daytime publishing and not midnight.

But for now, I will play it by ear, if I have something to say, I'll post, if not, will rest from the pmt nightmare!

When I sprinkle the essential oil on my pillow, I do tend to get a better sleep.

I have no idea what to order from Iceland as I'm not craving anything..



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D