Thursday 18 January 2024

#BlogLife626 - Butter me up

I don't know if it's the hormones or being unsettled that's depressing me but each day is a challenge to get started.

I feel like I'm being toyed with. One minute I'm on the road to recovery and the next, it's three steps backwards.

I forgot to get fresh fruit juice as that was something I was enjoying and I don't usually purchase it that often.

I'm craving things I don't consume and the things that were my favourites, I push aside.

At the moment I want butter for my sandwiches and I haven't bought that for decades.

I use it when I'm at Mama's or out in a cafe/restaurant but not at home and I don't miss it but all of a sudden I want it.

I don't understand these peculiar needs. It doesn't seem rational. I stopped using butter because I felt like I had to adjust my diet as much as I could.

Exercise is not safe. I feel like I've permanently damaged my arms, when I lift them up, there is this excruciating pain still.

That's been present for months now. A gentle workout is preferred, although I'm not sure it does anything but get my heart rate up.

But I keep hurting myself, whether it's my back, my legs, my feet. It's offputting.

My body is just too delicate so I prefer to keep tweaking my eating habits and the weight is steadily downsizing.

Although truth be told, ideally I should lose another 2/3 stones to be really healthy.

That's the amount I have already lost, as I've gone down 2/3 dress sizes and that's how I measure it.

I'm not obsessed, I'm not crash dieting, I'm not cutting out snacks. I'm just trying to find a good balance.

The Burt Bees lip balm has this pleasant sweet minty scent. I don't mind it.

It's soft enough to get on the tip of my finger, but not runny or gloopy.

It applies easily but I wouldn't recommend it. As soon as I stop using it, it ceases any benefits.

My lips go back to being dry and chapping and as with my balms, they are only effective upon continued usage, once you stop, it stops.

Oh I did go ahead and trim my hair and it's really short but tidy. That helped my mood because it's minor pampering and although I want to head to the salon, I don't have the energy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D