Monday 8 January 2024

#BlogLife621 - I'm now a non foodie

How are you doing? I do hope the break was revitalising. I'm hoping the worst of the pmt has passed.

This morning, had a few hours of sleep but the night was extremely painful crampages.

I had to google some remedies, hot drinks were recommended as were clary sage oil and lavender essential oils.

I think I still have clary sage at home. I didn't really fancy hot chocolate so as weird as this sounds I made plain hot water and sipped that and then balanced it on my tum tum.

I could have put vimto or orange juice inside the cup but it just had no appeal.

I seem to only like the simple basics currently, ready salted crisps, egg toasties, water etc but not fish, beef or chicken.

I even tried to have some poppadom pieces for breakfast but they were too flavourful and upset my belly.

At least Mama's almost fully mended now, just the lethargy continues.

She's integrating back into her routine slowly. It makes me laugh that she's told everyone about her covid status.

That's something I would probably keep private. Regarding the cramps, what finally helped aside from the hot water, heating blankie on my stomach..

Was rest and listening to binaural beats videos, specifically targeted at menstrual cramps and periods.

It's still peculiar to not have a craving. I don't feel like the foodie I am.

My brain is like, eat a proper meal and my tum is saying, I can't handle it and I don't want to waste any food.

I had been looking forward to the fizzy drinks and the savoury dishes and Mama's been patient and asking what I would like.

And all I can say is nothing, I'm eating to survive but that's it. I guess I'm slightly worried that when I'm normal again, I might limit my meals for weight loss but I hope not.

I'm already overall consuming less food and snacking routinely but still dropping the pounds and stones.

But food and me have been through a lot so I will have to keep an eye out.

Usually because I only eat what I'm in the mood for and have learned to appreciate that and without the enjoyment, I question why I bother?

I know for sure I'm fed up with being constantly full as though I've swallowed a basketball.

I want to go back to savouring my treats and general meals. It's only 11.17pm on a Friday night and suddenly I'm not tired.

I am enjoying this film though with Jane Seymour, Perfectly Prudence.

A comedy, a reunited love interest and being pushed out of your comfort zone.

It's old but entertaining. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one.

It surprises me that Mama has no sushi, italian or mexican restaurant choices nearby.

I mean the authentic stuff, not the experimental versions and she's now into pasta ha.

She used to hate it, well possibly not loathe it but she didn't find it appealing.

I guess we all change from time to time. I'm still not sure when to leave, could be this weekend or Monday at the latest.

On Saturday I started to feel a lot more human, meals seemed more bearable.

I had a greek salad with olives and lemon drizzle that tasted great, plus some french fries and one chicken wing, ha.

I just wanted side dishes, no mains. Today, Sunday night, well Monday really as it's 1.17am..

I went back to being bloated, cramping and lots of physical pain, my lower back was in agony. Ugh!!

As it was the last day though I didn't want to hole up in the guest room with a soothing heated blankie, I opted to stay and keep Mama company.

We watched reruns of Keeping Up Appearances and laughed at the lunatic situations she got herself in.

I'm annoyed with myself as although I had a great rest, I stood up to re-align my right lens that was in the wrong position.

Normally I cup my hand to catch it or just lean back on the bed,and blink or move my eyes around to  rectify it..

But nope I stood in front of the mirror, it fell somewhere and we couldn't retrieve it, grr.

So I am only wearing one lens, I hope I have a spare at home. It feels blurry.

I don't feel like doing a huge Iceland shop so maybe a mini Zoom is better until I feel hungrier.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D