Wednesday 7 April 2021

#BlogLife20 - Venturing into the unknown

Good evening readers, 

If you are just joining me and have missed the other 19 chapters of BlogLife.. Where have you been? I hope you have a note with a valid excuse. Tsk tut.

Just messing with you ;) Welcome and it's good to see you. This is basically about my journey into writing fiction and blogging. 

I'll ask questions and you get to participate if you would like too. If not, I do conjure up some exceptionally well crafted wacky answers.

Most times, one of which is actually my own..

I am going to start this tonight and finish it tomorrow. I'm just waiting for my phone to charge and it's really cold. I can't wait to get tucked up cosily in bed.

The UK weather is up and down constantly. The heating is on and I'm freezing and then it turns sweltering and then back to chilly again lol.

I'm trying to just not write when I am getting ready to drift off to sleep. It's difficult though because my brain whispers, if you don't copy this down now.....I'm going to forget it all tomorrow.

So I tend to just quickly capture it on my phone and then sleep. When I wake up it is a mess. Half words and incomplete sentences. Yikes.

Now today I want to talk about guesswork.

Q1) Do you blog for yourself or write for your audience?

A) I am selfless to the core. I don't even think about myself. I just share my life experiences and give advice so people can learn from my mistakes.

B) *Rolls eyes* Oh purleaseeee. No-one is that giving. You just want others to praise you. You are on an ego trip. 

I blog for myself simply because I don't want to get sucked into the competitive world of blogging/writing and it's just easier as I know what I want.

C) I partially agree with the above. I write/blog for myself also. It's not that I don't care about other viewpoints. I just don't hear them so that leads to a headache due to there being too many options available.

You don't have to create for others because that is the way it is traditionally done. Nonsense. Do whatever feels right to you.

All I will say is, after you have completed it. Look at it objectively and see if an outsider would gleam anything from it?

This does not apply to Ranty/CrazySelfTherapy posts because those are about venting and getting it all released. If someone can relate to it, then that is a bonus.

If you are a newbie or just haven't got a broad audience. It's difficult to assess what your readers want. 

You can ask, you can drop hints but without feedback, what are you supposed to do?

Q2) What kind of reader are you?

A) *Jumps with excitement* Me first. Oh I am a blog addict. I have ten on my feeder. I get notified immediately when there is a new post and I devour the page. 

I leave comments. I follow their social media. (Hmm does that make me a creepy stalker)?? :o If so, then great. I'm not ashamed of my enthusiasm :D

B) Candidate one needs to chill on the coffee. They seem way too hyper. I am laid back. Yes I subscribe to my favourite blogs but I don't always get time to read them. 

I certainly don't have time to comment.

Although sometimes I look at the title and try to guess what it is about. Whether or not I should read it. I'm guilty of skimming some not-so-interesting pieces..

C) To be fair, I am in between those two above. I do love when new posts come out but I don't always subscribe. I bookmark until I have read a few titles and then I register.

I don't always comment if I don't feel passionate about the material but other times, I get involved and have a bit of back and forth with the blogger. 

Some respond and some don't. I prefer when they do but I understand time constraints and it certainly isn't a dealbreaker. Although I guess, if they didn't respond to any of them. 

I would consider that a bit too apathetic and slightly rude.

Be whoever you want to be but on the blogger side of things, at least meet the audience halfway. They took the time to leave a remark so consider thanking them for stopping by :)

Ugh I am so glad I have shampoo back in stock. I have been using two conditioners, thinking one of them was a really thick shampoo for weeks.

My hair just doesn't feel cleansed properly. I just went with the Dove as it isn't too thick or thin.

Anyway which post am I going to link to today...... Who doesn't love a classic rant?

https://sleeplessscribbler.blogspot.com/2020/10/how-do-you-deal-with-condescension.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D