Friday 16 April 2021

#BlogLife28 - Killing the painful critic

Wouldn't you like to permanently silence the inner saboteur? I've been trying to finish chapter 5 of Lethal Curves Ahead and I keep distracting myself with music.

I usually play asmr but I just felt like listening to tunes but I'm trying to find songs that are not in English so I can't hum along and stop working.

I mean I haven't done all that badly. I am halfway through but I stopped to braid my hair into two side plaits and charge my phone.

I much prefer my phone for listening to music as that doesn't buffer and have the annoying *still watching* click. Grr. Now I'm switching between BlogLife and the book.

Ridiculous. This second book already feels better so I promised myself I wasn't going to leave it too long in between writing chapters.

Woohoo I wrote chapter 5 and 6. That is pretty amazing as I haven't had a real rush for a while that I could endlessly create but now it's done. 

I'm relieved. It was a rocky start and my thoughts just kept saying.. 

Skive,

Keep getting distracted,

Do something more fun,

What is the point? You know it's trash?

Why bother, seriously? No-one will read it.

I decided to persevere because I sometimes give in and let these harmful brainwaves get to me but today was already terrible.

My hands were throbbing badly and I didn't want to make it worse by pushing myself. Instead I took a nap, let my body rest and after a short while, the pain lessened..

Then finally disappeared. I knew taking a break would revive me and it most certainly did. I'm just trying to push through the barriers.

Only when it makes sense. If I had not stepped away and continued. I would still be in utter agony but I listened to my body and recognised what it needed.

Sometimes it is hard to do the productive thing but the rush you get when it's completed. Oh wow. It is so satisfying, so hold on to that feeling the next time you procrastinate.

Saying, yea yea yea. I'll do it later or tomorrow or next week. At least attempt it and you'll feel such a boost, you probably won't want to stop until it is done :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Something on your mind? I am all ears, I mean eyes and l will get back to you inbetween rants :D